“And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it,..
- and the books were opened…
- and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works, and they were judged every man according to their works.
- and another book was opened, which is the book of life / these are not the dead…
- And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:11-15)
In order to make sense of this essential book of life, we need to stay on track with the standard literary format of any book – reference back to the beginning of the story to understand the ending.
The first mention of a book recording life is found at the beginning of the history of human life, where it is stated to be a book listing the names of some of Adam’s offspring.
“This is the book of the generations of Adam.” (Genesis 5)
Adam, whose life was breathed into him by God, then passed to Eve through a cloned stem cell from Adam’s bone, was then passed through the Women’s mitochondria in her ova to all children conceived through a woman’s egg cell. All humans born with this human spirit are written in the book of life.
“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made…and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.” (Psalm 139:14-16)
We can conclude from this that all children younger than the age of accountability, regardless of infant baptism into a faith or belonging to a faith-less family, are found written in the book of life and enjoy eternal life.
While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether God will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” (II Samuel 12:22-2)
What about angel-human hybrids born from human women? Do they qualify to be written in the book of life? There is biblical evidence that they are.
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose…There were giants / hybrids in the earth…when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them…
Mamre the Amorite, his brothers Eshcol and Aner were hybrid giants, memorialized by the Israelites when they re-entered the land of Abraham through the giant clusters of grapes they found. And yet they were confederate with Abram. This can only mean they shared his faith, his value, his lifestyle, i.e. his life.
This is consistent with the passage explaining the reason for Noah’s flood was not because there were hybrids, but because
- “FLESH / humanity had corrupted HIS way”.
- In addition to women being forced against their will,
- other humans had chosen to separate from God’s purity in genetics and behavior,
- and had filled the earth with violence.
- “Flesh” / humans had not just become victims,
- but had become the victimizers.
Plenty of people distance themselves, separate, get a divorce, even murder spouses, children, co-workers, social acquaintances and total strangers in order to experience freedom from restrictions imposed by familial to employment to social to political relationships. Surely we understand that most of all people separate themselves from the moral restrictions of a righteous God?
“In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:
- whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother…
- Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.
- We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren.
- He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
- Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
- But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him…in deed and in truth.” (I John 4)
One’s name is not written in at birth, nor does he or she have it written in by the sovereign choice of God. A person’s name is written in the Lamb’s book of Life only because he or she chooses to ask God to place it there…
Doesn’t that make a human a higher sovereign than God?
Humanity doesn’t get to choose to be written in some fiction Lamb’s Book of Life.
Not to mention “And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.” (John 6:65)?
To properly understand the Book of Life, you must realize that there are really two Books of Life. One is called “the book of life”; the other, “the Lamb’s book of life”…This cn be a very confusing subject…but I believe what is written here should be able to help…
the book of life or the Lamb’s book of life was never mentioned in the Old Testament as such. Of course, the “mystery” regarding the new covenant concerning the Law of Grace was not to be known to those of the Old Testament.
And that explains why such a simple presentation has been distorted into something so confusing you must place your trust, not in God’s words, but in a human cult leader’s biased opinion. In the above case, clearly a racist Dispensationalist.
How about we stick with the source document? And the source format as much in verbal communication as in computers.
Hebrew poetry repeats phrases of thoughts rather than ending sounds are repeated. The following poetic communication provides us with the understanding that there is only one book – the book of life.
“Save me, O God…I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me…Let not them that wait on thee, O LORD God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
- Because for thy sake I have borne reproach;
- shame hath covered my face.
- I am become a stranger unto my brethren,
- and an alien unto my mother’s children…
- and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none;
- and for comforters, but I found none.
- They gave me also gall for my meat;
- and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink…
- Pour out thine indignation upon them
- and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them…
- Let them be blotted out of the book of the living,
- and not be written with the righteous.” (Psalm 69)
The introduction to The Lord’s Prayer lists the qualifications for calling the Lord God our father / provider and protector in whose family we are accepted. And it isn’t a simple creed of saying we’re sorry for our past and future sins and asking Jesus to come into our heart.
It is merging ourself into the Almighty Singularity, starting by admitting what a helpless creature we are and acknowledging his superlative Being and incredible goodness in making a way for us to be part of him.
“And seeing the multitudes, he / Yeshua, YHVH’s Savior went up into a mountain…and taught them, saying,
- Blessed are the poor [acknowledging their need] in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are they that mourn [over sin]: for they shall be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek: [like Moses, gentle with his charges despite wielding the unlimited power of Almighty God himself] for they shall inherit the earth.
- Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
- Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven…
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven…”(Matthew 5)
“If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar…this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.” (I John 4:20-21)
“a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God…and thy neighbour...And he said uto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live [forever]. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?… He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.” (Luke 10:25-37)
For the most part the Bible is written to average people oblivious to the damage we are causing self and others by our self-absorbed behaviors, warning of inevitable consequences of ignoring how reality works, like signs and guard rails along scenic cliffs.
The way one gets saved from destructive forces in this life and the next is briefly stated in the New Testament.
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.” (Acts 16:31)
Honestly, growing up in a Baptist church where we proclaimed in countless songs and verses and stories and sermons that we needed to believe in Jesus Christ, I never understood exactly what it was we lucky Christians are believing about him.
Turns out you have to start at the beginning if you want to understand the middle and end of the story.
- “In the beginning was the Word,
- and the Word was with God,
- and the Word was God.
- The same was…with God.
This is proclaiming that the Word is the Singularity in diversity. The following declaration confirms this – the Word is the Singularity Creator.
- All things were made by him;
- and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4
as many as received him [in his proclaimed status as the offspring / offshoot of the Singularity Creator I Am YHVH], to them gave he power to become the [hyper dimensional immortal] sons of God, even to them that believe on his name / attributes of I Am YHVH.” (John 1:12)
“the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he…said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself…as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will…
all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.” (John 5:18-23)
If a human is truly a partner in this relationship, he/she won’t be like Lucifer whose objectives were to take what he/she can get from God to serve his self-absorbed activities. He/she will be likewise be preparing for God’s purpose – humanity taking dominion over creation.
“work out your own salvation…For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure…That ye may be…the sons of God, ” (Philippians 2:12-14)
The proof that one has indeed become a son of God is the presence of God’s spirit expressing his righteous characteristics through freely chosen actions consistent with God’s values.
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God…The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God“” (Romans 8:14-16)
Mahatma Gandhi’s exclusion from a racist Christianity, his simple lifestyle, devotion to the service of others, and leadership of non-violent resistance to tyranny fits this model of biblical righteousness.
Islam did not invent head coverings. “It is a beautiful tradition dating back thousands of years and does not suppress a woman’s individuality and strength, but quite the opposite – it liberates women in that they are not judged by outward appearance but through piety, dignity, value, intelligence, and humility…women around the world…throughout history, donned their own form of hijab, upholding ideals that are central and universal to us all.”
Including Christian women until very recently.”“I think part of it had to do with women not wanting to be told what to do, darnit not being told whether you have to be respectable, have to do this, do that,” says Conti.”
My own righteousness has been put to shame, and repaired somewhat, by the silent but public testimony of Moslem women undeterred by Americans’ public rejection and persecution adhering to the righteous standards of modesty detailed by One Eternal God. In flagrant contradiction to Christian women provocatively dressed and dancing on stage in Christian churches, I must say, or closer to home, the typical believer following fashion trends regardless of how inappropriate they are to basic modesty.
Humanity’s only choice is connection to, or intentional separation from, from the source of life.
In general, parents are legally responsible for taking care of their minor children and have the authority to make legal decisions on their behalf. As a corollary, the law doesn’t hold children civilly liable for their actions. An emancipated minor is free to exercise the rights that other responsible adults enjoy; however, responsibility is a two-way street in this context as the emancipated minor must also accept legal liability for the consequences of their actions.