Although people who don’t know better continue to refer to the hyper dimensional being formerly known as Lucifer by that same name, the translation “Light Bearer” no longer applies to him. While describing his faults and failures, the Bible pretty much dismisses him as a has-been whose fate is sealed.
“In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.” (Isaiah 27:1)
The Sumerian texts provide his side of the story, which reads like the plaintiff’s self-defense / self-exaltation in the Nuremburg trials.
Nudimmud is a Sumerian title for their chief god, meaning “Begetter of mankind”. This is a reflection of his rivalry with, specifically the human woman “Eve; because she was the mother of all living” (Genesis 3:20). He is portrayed frankly in competition with humans made as the Creator’s image as an anthropomorphic being standing between the life-giving Euphrates and Tigris rivers in his claimed aspect of life-giver.
Nudimmud is also called Enki, meaning Lord of the Earth, and represented in this aspect as standing with one foot on the sea (waves) and one on solid ground – the stance of victory over the hyperdimensional forces of Tiamat / chaos of outer space where energy and mass as mixed together like the raging waves of the ocean, and the stable earth with its laws of physics.
“[A] mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth [i.e. roaring victory in advance of the attack.]” (Revelation 10)
The Sumerian account of the beginning of human history parallels the biblical in many respects, with, obviously, a media spin in favor of their gods.
From University of Oxford’s translation with this writer’s comments in italics.
Gilgamesh, Enkidu and the nether world
- In those days, in those distant days…when the necessary things had been brought into manifest existence
- In the beginning God created…
- when the heavens had been separated from the earth
- Let there be a firmament
- when the fame of mankind had been established,
- Let us make man in our image and likeness and let them have dominion
- in those days when destiny was determined, when abundance overflowed in the Land,
- when An / Ani / I Am / YHVH had taken the heavens for himself,
- Winning the war in heaven between factions of angels
- when En-lil / translates as Lord of the Air / Spirit /ghost of mortal Adam had taken the earth for himself…
- winning it in his victorious action of acting in God’s likeness, more on this in the post Lust Kills, Love Dies
- when the nether world had been given to Erec-kigala [Translates as Gender Queer Ruler of the vast underworld of the dead] as a gift…the father [absolute authority] …Enki [Lord of the Earth] …the [singular, only, over-] lord
- This is a media spin on YHVH who did not “give the nether world” but imprisoned Lucifer underground. “thou art fallen from heaven, O Lucifer…cut down to the ground.” (Isaiah 14:12)
The multiple names given to the ancient gods corresponds to multiple famous attributes or actions. When Lucifer / Lightbearere was imprisoned underground his light was certainly quenched, changing his attribute / name. Following this line of reasoning, The name “Enki” could have been an epithet which, in time, overshadowed the original name / fame of the deity as Light Bearer, Son of the Morning, however translated into Sumerian phonemes.
This consideration is supported within the Sumerian account of Enki’s replacement by Utu whose name / attribute means Sun God.
Obviously, prior to Utu’s appearance to light the sky, there was another anthropomorphized sun. That would have been the god now called Enki because he was no longer the Light Bearer after he was cast down from the heaven to the earth.
- When Enki [currently known as Earth Lord, formerly known as the Sun God] set sail for the nether world,..When dawn was breaking…the horizon became bright…[What a relief! We still have sunlight, because] Utu [the new Sun God] had left his bedchamber
- When Lucifer is defeated on the morning of the seventh day of creation his followers don’t acknowledge the Supreme power of the Creator. Instead they continue to rebel against him by replacing Lucifer with Utu as the new “Light bearer” rival to God’s son/sun. “The heavens declare the glory of God…the sun…coming out of his chamber.” (Psalm 19:1-6)
Nudimmud / Enki was worshipped as the ruler of the underworld abode of deceased mortal humans and, somewhat paradoxically, also as the giver of life. Obviously this is the lie of the devil, the ability to attain eternal life for the soul.
He is also the god of wisdom, intelligence, trickery, mischief, magic, exorcism, virility, fertility, and many other desired traits. We can deduce from these conflicting conditions that his worshippers are hoping to gain a higher quality of existence for their souls after death, through the powers of trickery, magic, exorcism, etc. with enough payments to the gods in goods and services.
Ningishzida is [another name for the] Mesopotamian deity of the underworld. His name in Sumerian is translated as “lord of the good tree” by Thorkild Jacobsen. Following an inscription found at Lagash, he was the son of Anu, the heavens…Ningishzida is the earliest known symbol of snakes (as noted below – two snakes) twining around an axial rod. It predates the Caduceus of Hermes, the Rod of Asclepius and the staff of Moses by more than a millennium.
“The Good Tree” matches the biblical reference to the tree of life in heaven, which was also planted on the earth in the Garden of Eden.
“the throne of God and of the Lamb…was there the tree of life…Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life” (Revelation 22:2, 14)
“the LORD God planted a garden…the tree of life also in the midst of the garden” (Genesis 2:9)
By understanding the Sumerian twist on the biblical version, we can untangle the account to compare and contrast the “the good tree” in both.
“Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made…And the serpent said unto the woman…God doth know that in the day that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5)
Sideline just for a moment regarding this serpent. Bear in mind that all earthly creatures were mass plus infinite spiritual until their rulers, the Adams, brought death / fracturing of the connection to infinite source of life on all mass-based creatures.
“For the creature was made subject to vanity / mortality…itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption.” (Romans 8:20-21)
So the land-based serpent was able to easily communicate and join forces with the hyper dimension being as a partner in crime. This deduction is confirmed by the curse being pronounced on the earthly creature:
“Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:” (Genesis 3:14)
In Sumerian mythology, he [also] appears in Adapa’s myth as one of the two guardians of Anu’s celestial palace.
As shown in the image above, the representation of Ningishzida is a bit confusing in that there are two elements portraying the same individual, the serpent without legs and the dragon with legs. The Sumerian depiction of this ancient creature as both a dragon with legs and a snake without legs validates the Hebrew.
“Leviathan…that crooked serpent…the dragon that is in the sea.” (Isaiah 27:1)
From a biblical perspective, this reflects his original role of guardian of the king and his tree of life, and then the exalted role of the king that he took to himself. Overthrow of a ruler by a coup led by one of his own high ranking military leaders is a common threat in any government.
“O LORD of hosts / armies…that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone…”(Isaiah 37:16)
“Thus saith the LORD God…Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so...I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God…” (Ezekiel 28:12-17)
The designations of “anointed” and “set” inform us that cherub is a position, not a species. We logically conclude, then, that the looks of cherubim described in the Bible with the composite features described in the Bible of ox, man, lion, and eagle. (Ezekiel 1, Ezekiel 10) are not necessarily intrinsic to all beings in that class, specifically to our study, to Lucifer.
On the side, the “four faces” described by Ezekiel are likely an unavoidably inadequate and inaccurate portrayal of a multi-dimensional being, and the Sumerian three-dimensional objet d’art is taking artistic license with an impossible task.
In addition to cherubim, seraphim also surround God’s throne, where Seraph. is translated into English as serpent. (We usually encounter the plural form “seraphim” where “im” ending serves the same pluralizing function in Hebrew as “s” in English.)
“I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up…Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory…” (Isaiah 6:1-3)
Images of ancient Mesopotamian gods bear such a striking resemblance to the biblical description of the seraphim that we must conclude that they are either, like Lucifer, a fallen variety of these angels, or assumed the position of these exalted beings in heaven.
The verb form means “burning”. The adjective “fiery” can mean “brilliantly shining” as captured in the image of polished brass. In another sense this characterizes the power that these beings have over life and death with the use of fire, as with cauterizing a festering wound or inflicting a toxin-induced burning pain or microorganism-induced fever or utter destruction.
“Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone. I am a man of unclean lips. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.” (Isaiah 6:4-7)
“And the people spake against God, and against Moses…And the LORD sent fiery serpents / seraphim nachashim among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery-serpent / seraph, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent / nachash of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent / nachash had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent / nachash of brass, he lived.” (Numbers 21:5-9)
There is a clear connection between seraph and nachash (where ch is pronounced “k” as in school).as the two as the two Hebrew words are freely interchanged and translated into the same word serpent in the above passage.
“Mysteriously,” virtually identical worship of the serpent in his own form is found in ancient cultures around the world.
The reality of a hyper-dimensional reptilian being that has been involved with humanity from the beginning of history is supported by the fact that he continues to be worshipped in our own culture in new age religions as:
…Serpent Seraph, Winged Serpent, Dragon, Nachash…alter-Form of HERU’s Second Person. He is the Creator and Maintainer of all worlds and beings. He is the Lord of all time [therefore death, you must realize, Beelzebub], WHO ALONE REMAINS (SESHA) AFTER THE ANNIHILATION OF ANY MATERIAL UNIVERSE! [Emphases in the original.]
You realize this means war.
- and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices [in challenge]. And…I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.[Because they are not happening].
- And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein,
- that there should be time no longer [ergo, according to quantum physics, no more four dimensional universe / decay / death]:
- But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound [the trumpet call to war], the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.” (Revelation 10)
And what is that mystery?
- “unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
- But…man…Thou… didst set him over the works of thy hands…
- Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he [God himself] also himself likewise took part of the same;
- that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
- And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” (Hebrews 2:5-15)
One of the multi-faceted meanings of “destroy the devil” was imprisoning Lucifer in the earth until the final day of judgment throwing the “cursed into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.” (Matthew 25:41)
As detailed in the post The Star Wars Real Clone Wars, the devil’s angels not only reference his followers, but his clones.
We can track them down, despite name changes and a maze of mythic deceptions, through the many titles granted to them in recognition of their cloned souls’ objectives and inheritances.