During the Exodus, when God finally revealed his secret name to Israel’s children / descendants / tribe, the circumstances proved that in with this hyperdimensional being,
- invoking the name does establish a relationship,
- and believing in the name does grant access to power over humanly insolvable problems and even death,
- which must be acted upon in faith to achieve salvation.
“I am the LORD:
- And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.
- And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan,
- And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
- Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:” (Exodus 6:1-6)
The next dialogue between Moses and the LORD confirms that “name” is equivalent to “way”, equating “who we are” with “what we do,” and defining God’s character and attributes – his soul.
“And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet
- thou hast said, I know thee by name…
- Now therefore, I pray thee…shew me now thy way, that I may know [be united with] thee…
And the LORD descended in the cloud [heads-up, this is major foreshadowing], and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD…
- The LORD / YHVH
- The Lord / Boss
- God / Hyperdimensional Spirit Being
- merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin,
- and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, [but unlike physical epigenetics, cutting it short] unto the third and to the fourth generation. “ (Exodus 33:12-13 – 34:5-8)
Understanding that “who we are” is equivalent to “what we do” adds to our understanding of the development of the soul, with its implications for the permanent state of the soul after the death of the mortal body. And it therefore follows that believing on an eternal being is the first step in identifying with that being, both now and in the eternal state of the soul.
Regardless of the name by which he is called – God, El, I AM, YHVH, Shiloh – the power is not in the sound formed by the mouth. The power of salvation is in
- the soul’s belief in, and subsequent identification with, i.e. connection to, this supernatural Being’s attributes and actions on behalf of powerless mankind,
- and is achieved when humans respond with actions demonstrating faith in the Being’s promises of empowerment.
“I am not ashamed of the gospel of Messiah / Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek [non-Jew]. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.” (Romans 1:16-17)
Faith in action speaks so much louder than reciting a creed, and reverberates throughout eternity. More on this in later posts, but this is absolutely key to understanding God’s identity so just hold that thought for now. Certainly God establishes this trail of thought.
- “Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
- Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
- These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that contry from whence they came out they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
- By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
- By faith Isaac blessed [both] Jacob and Esau [warring brothers] concerning things to come.
- By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff. “(Hebrews 11:11-21)
- after his entire family had been forced to emigrate from the promised land and were refugees in the World Empire claiming dominion over that neighboring territory.
The man who English speaking peoples call Jesus claimed to be YHVH’s agent of salvation, promised to all humanity at the beginning of time.
- Jesus (English) = Iesous (Greek) = Yehoshua (Hebrew) = Yhvh is salvation
The transformation from Here Yehoshua the English Jesus is most easily recognized in comparison with other biblical names compounding YHVH in the ending of the name with a contraction of iah, or fairly recently in the English language, jah, or in the beginning of the name with Yeho or Jeho.
Note, in an upset to the King James Only Movement, the original 1611 King James Bible spelled all words that now contain a “J” with an “I”. “The pronunciation Jehovah was unknown until 1520…it was contested by Le Mercier, J. Drusius, and L. Capellus, as against grammatical and historical propriety.”
The alternative letters, and alternative pronunciations of the same letters, used by different languages for the Hebrew “Y” is readily apparent with the common name “John”, such as Ioann, Jan, Giovane, Ian, Juan, Wannes, Sean, Jose, Hans, Hermes. Hermes? We’ll get back to him in a later post.
- Abi-jah: My Father is YHVH
- Eli-jah: My God is YHVH
- J/Yerem-iah: Exalted by YHVH
- J/Yeho-ram: YHVH is exalted – note how two names can have the same root words with a twist on the subject of the action
- Isa-iah: Salvation is YHVH – from the roots יָשַׁע(yasha‘) meaning “to save” and יָה (yah)
- J(eh)o-shua: YHVH is Salvation – English form of the Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ (Yehoshu’a): from יְהוֹ (yeho and יָשַׁע(yasha‘ meaning “to save“
This directly links the Savior in the New Testament to the saving God of the Old Testament, not only of Israel but of the pre-Israelite ancient patriarchs like Abel and Noah.
- I Am that I Am
- “Then spake Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua / Jesus again unto them, saying..if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
- Then said they unto him, Who art thou?
- And Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua / Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning [the Son of God John 1:34]…I proceeded forth and came from Theos / God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me…
- Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?…
- Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I Am.” (John 8:12-58)
- “Then spake Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua / Jesus again unto them, saying..if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
- Christ (English) = Xristos (Greek) = Messiah (Hebrew) = the Anointed One, which is to say the Designated, Appointed, Chosen or Consecrated One. This may be best translated into English as “Chosen One” for the purpose of salvation, promised to the first humans as “the seed of the woman“.
“And the Lord God said unto the serpent…I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head.” (Genesis 3:14-15)
“And thou shalt put them [official garments] upon Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him; and shalt anoint them, and consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister unto me in the priest’s office.” (Exodus 28:40-41)
“Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Yaweh’s Consecrated Savior / Messiah Yeshua / Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that chose / appointed him…” (Hebrews 1:1-2)
- Church (English) = ekklesia (Greek) = qahal (Hebrew) = congregation, convocation, assembly of believers. This may indicate an Old or New Testament gathering of believers, a local sub-assembly or the total aggregate of all believers from all time.
“This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us.” (Acts 7:37-38)
“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua / Jesus the mediator of the new covenant.” (Hebrews 23:22-24)
Christ Jesus is the ultimate expression of the unity of The Singularity Creator with mankind.
“As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality [rule, authority] and power [godhood]:” (Colossians 2:6-10)
The man called Yeshua / YHVH’s Savior stated that that he would not come back to earth in his resurrection power and glory until his co-rulers acknowledge him by proclaiming his identity through his abilities. As per the recognizable, because documented, historical patter, this will be a miraculous, Earth physics-defying rescue from tyranny first documented with Noah’s family through the Flood, then with the Israelite-led multinational Exodus from Egypt.
This man called Yeshua was claiming to be Almighty Creator God Himself
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, [but despite this] how often would I have gathered thy children together [to protect you], even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your household / people is left unto you desolate / unprotected. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name [i.e. abilities] of the LORD / YHVH.” (Matthew 23:37-39)
This why Christ Jesus / YHVH’s Anointed Savior is the only name that saves.
“The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son…Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ / YHVH’s Anointed Savior…which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began…Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name / attribute of power under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” (Acts 3:13-19, 4:12)
The name that that empowers eternal life is the source of life, YVHV / Creator. When we understand that the name, power and identity of the man we call Jesus Christ is not unique to him but sources back to YHVH / Creator, then we should likewise understand that the religion we call Christianity is not unique but sources back to Creation. Believing in the Creator and putting faith for permanent restoration of life in the one who gave life in the first place is only logical.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by him, and without him was nothing made that was made. (John 1:1-2)
- to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (John 1:12)
- many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. (John 2:23)
- the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. (John 10:25)
- And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: but these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. (John 20:30-31)
When we know the translation we understand why invoking the name of Jesus Christ it is equivalent to calling on the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Matthew 28:19)
“…Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ.” (Acts 2:38)
What, exactly, does baptism accomplish, and how?
The Greek word “baptizo” as used in Mark 1:4 ( “And so John came, baptizing in the desert region . . .” ) was very common among Greek-speaking people; it is used in every period of Greek literature and was applied to a great variety of matters, including the most familiar acts of everyday life. Greek speakers and hearers understood the word at the time John was preaching; it had no doubtful meaning. It meant what we express by the Latin word ‘immerse’…
The practice of baptism in pagan religions seems to have been based on a belief in the purifying properties of water. In ancient Babylon, according to the Tablets of Maklu, water was important as a spiritual cleansing agent in the cult of Enke [Lucifer, see post Seed of the Serpent], lord of Eridu. In Egypt, the Book of Going Forth by Day contains a treatise on the baptism of newborn children, which is performed to purify them of blemishes acquired in the womb. Water, especially the Nile’s cold water, which was believed to have regenerative powers, is used to baptize the dead in a ritual based on the Osiris myth. Egyptian cults also developed the idea of regeneration through water. The bath preceding initiation into the cult of Isis seems to have been more than a simple ritual purification; it was probably intended to represent symbolically the initiate’s death to the life of this world by recalling Osiris’ drowning in the Nile. [Emphasis added.]
In the cult of Cybele, a baptism of blood was practiced in the rite of the Taurobolium: where one was covered with the blood of a bull…A well-known inscription attests that he who has received baptism of blood has received a new birth in eternity. However, the fact that this baptism was repeated periodically shows that the idea of complete spiritual regeneration was not associated with it.
The property of immortality was also associated with baptism in the ancient Greek world. A bath in the sanctuary of Trophonion procured for the initiate a blessed immortality even while in this world. The mystery religions of that period often included ablution rites of either immersion or a washing of the body for the purposes of purification or initiation. Other concepts said to have been associated with these forms of cultic baptisms included the transformation of one’s life, the removal of sins, symbolic representation...a new beginning, spiritual regeneration. It is believed that all ancient religions recognized some form of spiritual cleansing, renewal or initiation that was accomplished through a washing or immersion in water.
The liturgical use of water was common in the Jewish world. The Law of Moses required ablutions (washings)…
Toward the beginning of the Christian era, the Jews adopted…the custom of baptizing proselytes seven days after their circumcision. A series of specific interrogations made it possible to judge the real intentions of the candidate who wished to adopt the Jewish religion. After submitting to these interrogations, he was circumcised and later baptized before witnesses. In the baptism, he was immersed naked in a pool of flowing water; when he rose from the pool, he was a true son of Israel. After their baptism, new converts were allowed access to the sacrifices in the Temple.
Legalistic Jews and pagan Gentiles alike understood the meaning and necessity of baptism preached by the Apostles. This makes sense given that all alternative methods of obtaining eternal life must have some basic concepts in common. It is just our spirit-less society that has lost the meaning.
“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?” (Romans 6:3)
This can be considered symbolic, but no. Humans in fact create our own future by our actions. A murderer creates his future in prison, a college student creates her future as a leader in society, and mortal actions transcend time and create our immortal spiritual future.
“if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart / soul man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:9-10)
“Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death…Knowing this, that our old [mortal] man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:4-11)
“ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus…as many of you as have been baptized into Christ…There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:26-28)
And this is what saves us. Unity with the source of life. Uniting with Christ Jesus / YHVH’s Chosen Savior unites us with the Creator, the source of all power over body, soul, spirit, life and death.
“And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them…by the power / name of YHVH’s Promised Savior…whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.” (Acts 4:7-10)
“And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” (John 14:13-14)
However, this does not empower us to fulfill our goals. Note, in the same passage apparently teaching the prosperity gospel the objective for empowerment is given – glorifying the Father in the Son. It’s that corporation concept – all the individuals working together as one glorify God / the source of all power the Father / the Authority.
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in YHVH’s Appointed Savior / Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:5-11)
If you’ve ever read or watched historical drama you should be able to vividly capture the concept of defeated lords bending the knee and submitting to the King of kings who is the rightful heir to the throne of all the kingdoms. Humans have only two options – acknowledge him as Creator and Sustainer Lord and live in peace with him, or rebel against his authority and resources for life, and die.
In magic, invoking a powerful being’s secret name gives access to that being’s power “to do”. Even in mundane life, knowing your doctor’s secret cell phone number, which I had for the doctor for whom I worked, can empower you. Without being blocked or stalled, I could immediately gain his authorization to accomplish my plans.
With this in mind, the interaction between notoriously sly Jacob and God takes on added meaning. Jacob is trying to gain power over God by learning his secret name, which explains why God did not give it to him.
“And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day…And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name?” (Genesis 32:24-30)
We can recognize that Manoah was also being clever when he asked for the angel’s name. Manoah lacked the faith to believe God’s promise, and wanted the standard pagan enforcement plan to ensure the higher power makes good on his promise.
“And there was a certain man…whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren…And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her…thou shalt conceive, and bear a son [Samson]…and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hands of the Philistines…And Manoah said unto the angel of the LORD, What is thy name…? And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret? (Judges 13:1-18)
With this background, we understand that believers who receive a secret name are granted some special powers. This concept should be well understood in our current culture.
“To him that overcometh will I give…a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.” (Revelation 2:17)
I don’t have personal experience in magic in its many forms because I do believe that sharing names and contact information with spirit beings does in fact create two-way connections. And, as another nonmaterial experience – on-line dating – proves, you can’t be in control of what happens next. We need to be careful about invoking, even unwittingly, names of spirit beings in activities like karate and yoga.
There is only one name in which we can safely trust to accomplish a good thing for us.
“For the Lord God [Adonay Yhvh] will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. Behold, the Lord God will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up. Who is among you that feareth the LORD [Yhvh] , that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD [Yhvh], and stay upon his God [Elohaw]. (Isaiah 50:7-10)