The first mention of the possibility of being blotted out of the book of life is so casually dropped by Moses that we must recognize that this was common knowledge.
“And Moses…said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods…
- Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin–[apparently breaks off speaking as he chokes up];
- and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
- And the LORD / YHVH / I AM / Singularity / Creator said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against ME, him will I blot out of my book. (Exodus 32:32-33)
The apostle Paul relates his willingness, like Moses, to be accursed – sacrifice his eternal destiny which would involved being blotted out of the book of life – to save his beloved people.
“I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Messiah/Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites…(Romans 9:2-4)
His meaning is confirmed by Jesus Christ himself who warns the New Testament church members of the high potential to be blotted out of the book of life.
- “I know thy works, that thou hast a name / attributes, signs that thou livest / so it is assumed that your name is in the book of Life],
- and / but art dead…He that overcometh…I will not blot out his name out of the book of life.” (Revelation 3:1,5)
Both the New Testament and the Old Testament congregants were in the same set of circumstances. Both groups had not yet overcome the possibility of giving in to the lure of lies. They had not committed to the hard truth spoken by YHVH and his Savior. Both groups were still wavering in a tug of war between
- surrender to an easier life in alliance with the gods of this world, or
- fight to reclaim our territory.
- “Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God…
- lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
- For we are made partakers of YHVH’s Chosen Savior / Christ,
- IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end…
- And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest,
- but to them that believed not?” (Hebrews 3:12-19)
Rescue missions are a good place to see this in action. Believing that Jesus died in your place to save you from your sins no more saves you from eternal hellfire than it saves you from burning with desire for drugs or sex addiction or whatever it is that is destroying you from the inside out.
Recovering addicts full of zeal during the altar call are often the first to disappear from rehab the minute they get their hands on some money. All fired up is not proof of spirituality, it’s more likely impetuosity. What is needed is grounding in and transformation, which is a slow process whether in drug rehab, agriculture or spirituality.
“And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine, Hearken / Pay Close Attention!; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
- some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
- And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
- And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
- And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. And…they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable…And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
- The sower soweth the word.
- And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
- And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended.
- And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
- And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick? For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
What I’m getting from this is that if anyone who has done such a good job of blending in with the rest of society that they don’t get harassed let alone persecuted for their faith has NOT identified with God. And vice versa.
If any man have ears to hear, let him hear…Take heed what ye hear:
- with what measure ye mete,
- it shall be measured to you:
Another way of saying this is that “you get what you paid for.”
You wanted to live on your own terms and just get fire insurance for free? That’s not in the contract. Only salvation from sin in this life as well as the next.
- O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
- A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things:
- and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things…every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
- For by thy words thou shalt be justified,
- and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” (Matthew 12:31-37)
This Old Testament criteria for acceptance into heaven is the same as the New Testament criteria. found in Matthew 10:32-33.
- “Whosoever therefore shall confess me [YHVH’s Chosen Savior] before men,
- him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven”
This guarantees acceptance to a group of people. It is a positive statement.
Legally, there is no wording that restricts acceptance only to those who confess the name of Jesus Christ. There is simply application to those who do confess.
- “But whosoever shall deny me before men,
- him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32-33)
“there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of YHVH’s Chosen Savior.
- But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed / blotted out of the book of Life….
- so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed…” (Galatians 1:8-9)
This statement is likewise a guarantee to a group of people, but unlike the first, does legally restrict its application to this group only.
There is no reference to persons who neither confess nor deny Jesus Christ as the way to heaven.
This is legal justice. How can a righteous God condemn persons to hell who never heard the name of Jesus Christ?
Once again, this is consistent with New Testament statements by none other than Jesus Christ himself.
“All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men…whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him.” (Matthew 12:31-32)
What I’m getting out if this is that hordes of evangelical Christians will be shocked to discover that
- they rebelled against God’s way of life so were blotted out of the book of Life so aren’t admitted to heaven
- but hordes of people they consider unsaved will be admitted to heaven.
This would include billions of devout Jews who rejected Yeshua son of Joseph of Nazareth in the last 2,000+ years because of his distortion from a Jewish Messiah to an incarnation of Mithras by a pagan world.
Also billions of devout paganized Roman Catholic and Orthodox Christians who, in hope of eternal life through their savior, went through all the pagan rituals because they didn’t know any better, not having access to the written word of God for themselves.
Also Protestants of the multitude of denominations considered heretics who were led as sheep to the slaughter by false christs and false prophets because they were blinded by them or too simple-minded or too caught up with survival to search the scriptures for themselves.
Also Moslems who have honored the One True God and followed righteousness in the ancient way of the Hebrews.
It has taken me decades to divest myself of the false teachings I automatically accepted as truth from my religious parents. I can certainly sympathize with people around the world caught in the same situation, but who long to know God.
We may blame the victims of rape and domestic violence and spiritual abuse for drinking the Kool-Aid, but if God’s word is anything to go by he holds the perpetrators guilty, and gathers in the lost sheep. Maybe they escaped an abuser, maybe they wandered in search of greener pastures, maybe they just got abandoned by a narcissist. But they are just lost sheep, not the wolves of the false prophets.
- He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber…
- he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
- I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep…and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.” (John 10:1-16)
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me…If a man love / choose to merge identity with / me, he will keep my words…These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you…And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.” (Luke 24:25-27, John 14:6-25))
Calling on, by articulating the sounds J-E-Z-U-S K-R-I-S-T doesn’t get anyone to heaven, and likewise, failing to acknowledge the Jesus Christ of Christianity doesn’t keep anyone out of heaven.
“But the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men…whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.” (Matthew 12:31-32)
And how does one speak against the Holy Ghost?
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:” (Romans 1:18-20)
When we put the data together, we understand that being blotted out of the book of life is a result of one’s deliberate and knowing choice to
- reject YHVH / Singularity / Creator / Source of Life however he has been revealed through his creation or his written word
- and instead receive Lucifer’s lie that there is an alternative source of life without God.
“after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
- To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
- But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, bt obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil…
For there is no respect of persons with God.
- For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law:
- and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.) (Romans 2:5-13)
“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not…thy name?…And then will I profess unto them, I never knew [became intimate with] you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matthew 7:21-23)
Wow. That might leave out A Lot of the American Religious Right.
Charles Marsh notes in a New York Times editorial, “Wayward Christian Soldiers,” American evangelicals “have amassed greater political power than at any time in our history.”1 This power, which can be traced to a handful of evangelical leaders with decided political agendas, reaches into the Oval Office and deep into the bowels of Congress.
The result has been a fusion of the Christian Right and the Bush administration. In fact, in examining the war sermons delivered by influential evangelical ministers during the lead up to the Iraq war, Marsh, a professor of religion at the University of Virginia, came to the conclusion that the “single common theme among the war sermons appeared to be this: our president is a real brother in Christ, and because he has discerned that God’s will is for our nation to be at war against Iraq, we shall gloriously comply.”