The difference between covenant and contract is evident when someone breaks either one of the agreements. A contract is invalid when one of the involved parties violates it. On the other hand, a covenant remains intact even if one of the parties breaches it.
From the beginning to the end God’s covenant is two-fold:
- Let us make man in our image,
- and likeness, and let them have dominion.
God’s side of the covenant is the irrevocable decision to give dominion over the earth to beings
- he made to be the image of what formerly, as the Singularity of everything, had no stable image,
- clearly to represent him in his likeness.
Mankind’s side of the covenant is the irrevocable condition to choose be
- in God’s physical image. i.e. human
- in the diversity God split into male and female who join together in God-like unity,
- not hybridized with other species earthly or hyper dimensionally,
- not genetically altered to halt the process of death without empowering the process of life. This final mark of the beast – itself a human-hyper dimensional hybrid not able to named by any existing taxonomy – imposes permanent corruption and renders impossible the resurrection from the dead built into God’s universal physical laws.
- Most critically, mankind’s side of the covenant is to choose to be in his likeness / like him in personality and behavior.
Actions speak louder than words of a profession of faith.
“And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how dearest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live [eternally].” (Luke 10:25-28)
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his [mortal] body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” (II Corinthian 5:10)
There is no new new means of salvation from death in the “New Covenant” changed from the “Old Covenant”.
The same Apostle who educates us about judgment and eternal destiny through his visions of the future in the book of Revelation makes it absolutely clear in his other writings that the criteria for being declared in God’s likeness, and thereby united eternally with God in his infinite life, is loving God.
This is accomplished by
- merging our physical being with him as intensely as experiencing a shared orgasm through making love
- in order to become so completely united with him that our thoughts, desires, will and behaviors express his.
- “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth [is united with / one with] God.” (I John 4:7)
- “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” (I John 4:8)
- God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.” (I John 4:16)
- “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (I John 3:10)
- “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:” (I John 5:3)
- “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.” (I John 5:1)
Christianity’s claim that we are born into the spirit eternal life simply by believing in Jesus is emphatically stated to be a lie.
- “faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say,
- Thou hast faith,
- and I have works:
- shew me thy faith without thy works, [can’t be done] and / but I will / can shew thee my faith by my works.
- Thou believest that there is one God;
- thou doest well: [clearly James is mocking, as per the next statement] the devils also believe [and where does that get them?], and tremble [in terror at the fate they know awaits them].
- But wilt thou know, O [consider this one-letter text to carry the same weight as the imoge of a Mosaic figure thundering out imprecations while riveting his staff on Pharaoh] vain! / empty! morally bankrupt! ineffective in meeting objective! foolish! worthless to your people! false! unreal! pretentious! man, that faith without works is dead?” (James 2:17-20)
Christianity’s claim that we simply need to believe in what Jesus did for us is based on taking verses out of context. Take the 6th verse in the context of the other five verses quoted above.
- includes believing that Jesus is the Christ
- because Jesus not only said – but proved by his behavior – over and over that he was in union with God.
“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings. And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him? Then came the Jews [religious leaders] round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me [that] I and my Father are one.
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.” (John 10:17-39)
This was a huge theological debate when John wrote his letter to argue on the side of accepting Jesus as the Christ – to people who knew Jesus’ claims and weren’t sure if he was just another false Jewish Messiah, of which there were many at that time. It was, after all, the end of Daniel’s Seventy Weeks, and the Jewish leaders were violently opposed to accepting Jesus as the Christ.
“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ…This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:” (I John 1:1-6)
- The acceptance by those who have the witness of Jesus the Christ, the promised Seed of the Woman who defeated sin and death, as being one with God,
- in no way abrogates the basic covenant of righteousness in lifestyle as proof of one’s own love for and desire to be united with God for all of humanity.
“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt;
This covenant was conditional, to qualify for leadership NOT salvation!:
- “IF YE will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant,
- THEN YE shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Therefore, Israel did not qualify. However, God upholds his end of the covenant.
Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.” (Jeremiah 31:32-36)
So how does he fix it so that Israel qualifies?
“this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel…I will put my law in their inward parts…And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD…for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.“
The new covenant with Israel necessarily included fulfilling the old covenant’s requirement of sacrificing an innocent life to remit the sins of the guilty parties.
“my blood of the new testament is shed for many for the remission of sins.” (Matthew 26:28)
“Christ being come an high priest…by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” (Hebrews 9:11-14)
“God…also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter [the old covenant], but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” (II Corinthians 3:5-6)
The New Testament remains a covenant for LEADERSHIP, not salvation.
“we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them…ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise…But now…are made nigh by the [perfect sacrificial] blood of Christ.
Having abolished [by fulfilling] in his [perfect] flesh…the law of commandments contained in ordinances…For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are…fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household [servants] of God;” (Ephesians 2:10-19)
The big conundrum with Christianity’s claim that salvation is based on accepting Jesus as your savior is that it leaves out soooo many people who never heard of Jesus. Can’t get more racist than that.
The New Testament confirms the Old Testament’s plan of salvation as accepting Jesus / Yeshua / YHVH’s Savior only because he is the very image and likeness of YHVH.
- “the Word / Creative Force was made flesh / image of the Singularity in both the first and last Adams, and dwelt among us,
- (and we beheld his glory / power / likeness, the glory as of the only begotten / chosen to be heir of the Father,) full of / nothing but grace and truth….
Salvation from eternal death to eternal life has always been through being united with the Singularity source of life / YHVH. This requires
- believing / accepting the evident truth that YHVH is the Creator and Sustainer therefore authority,
- knowing right from wrong in one’s conscience,
- having faith in YHVH’s power for life’s needs here and in the hereafter instead of asserting one’s own authority or relying on false and fickle gods
- regardless of access to the Bible or knowledge of Jesus either before or after he was sacrificed for humanity.
“He that overcometh shall inherit ALL things / not just eternal life but dominion over the earth in the original covenant and I shall be his God / empowerment / sustainer of life, and he shall be my son / the spitting image and likeness of God qualified to exercise dominion. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world…Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. For all that is in the world…is not of the Father…passeth away, and the lust thereof:
- the lust of the flesh,
- and the lust of the eyes,
- and the pride of life…
and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith… (I John 5:4; 2:15-17)
“Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness…faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness...to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed…which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father / spiritual leader of us all, (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.” (Romans 4)
“By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out [from Babylon’s guarantee of protection and daily bread and high standards of living] ..went out, not knowing whither he went…For he looked for a city / walled fort / preservation of life which hath foundations / permanence / eternal, whose builder and maker is God.”(Hebrews 11:8)
“The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God. Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD…and the God of Israel will be your reward…Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high…So shall he sprinkle [clean] many nations;” (Isaiah 53:10-15)
“what agreement hath the temple of God [like Abraham] with idols [like in Babylon]? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them [as human genes permanently indwell mortal flesh], and walk in [mobilize] them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye [Gentile hearers of salvation] separate [like Abraham], saith the Lord, and touch not he unclean thing [of paganism]; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters saith the Lord Almighty.” (II Corinthians 6:16-18)
Being “dead with” God’s Anointed Ones doesn’t mean simply mentally considering your punishment of death for your sin was taken on by Jesus Christ so now you also rise to eternal life with him.
It means identifying with Yeshua’s entire life of sacrifice and suffering by sharing in that as well. It means accepting public humiliation, rejection by family and friends, enduring loss of jobs, financial insecurity and quality of life in this world.
And that inevitably happens to anyone who chooses to do the right thing, to refuse to participate in exploitation and harm to others, regardless of their identification with their culture’s religion.
“endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ…I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. Therefore I endure all things…that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead / cut off from society with him, we shall also live with him:”
The upgrade for those who don’t just sit it out but get in the game.
“If we suffer, we shall also reign with him”
The reality it that it is virtually impossible to tell the difference between the believer and non-believers in Jesus Christ by their business, professional, or social interactions.
“If we deny him, he also will deny us,” (II Timothy 2:12-13)
“the Son of man cometh.
- Who then is a faithful and wise servant…and they that were ready [Spirt-filled]
- he shall make him ruler... went in with him to the consummation of unity
“And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them – the majority of the inhabitants – their portion of meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing…he will make him ruler over all that he hath...
And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down [sign of ruling from a throne, while the attendants and supplicants stand] in the kingdom of God. And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.” (Luke 12)
This confirms that the Word of God was spread throughout the whole world east to west and north to south and that there are faithful followers of YHVH who are not included in Israel / Christianity who honor and serve the God of Creation. Given the sorry state of Christianity, it should not come as a surprise that followers of the one true God, like Islam, do not identify with institutional Christianity. Over and over in Genesis only the “elect” are “chosen” to inherit the estate and all the administrative responsibilities that come with it, based on demonstrated leadership qualities like – their likeness to – the Father, while carrying for God’s children in the family.
- But…that evil servant..smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken…And the foolish who were self-indulgent and tried to get in good at the last minute
- shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites…Afterward [too late!]…he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know [am identified with] you not.
“cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30)
Outer darkness should be easily understood from Genesis chapter 1, reinforced by Elisha, to be away from the presence and restorative power of the Singularity.
We are given biblical examples of being disconnected from all society and rejuvenation of life.
“Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold, my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his hands that which he brought…I will run after him, and take somewhat of him….And he said…My master hath sent me, saying…give…I pray thee, a talent of silver, and two changes of garments. And Naaman said, Be content, take two talents…And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither. And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee…? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants? The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.” (II Kings 5)
Since Gehazi is still alive and has offspring, we can conclude that the unprofitable servants in heaven likewise has eternal life but at a dreadful quality of life. They just survive at the fringes of society. Basically a leper colony.
This deduction is confirmed by scripture.
“Every man’s work shall be made manifest…because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
- If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
- If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” (I Corinthians 3:11-15)
These are God’s children who get carried away with amassing the things of this world despite their temporary nature. Every grand church building and all wealth made of material substance gets burned up with the world. Only hyper dimensional / spiritual beings survive into the new world. Souls of people are the treasures we should be pouring our time and energy into ever-increasing value, not stock portfolios.
“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write…I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot…I will spue thee out of my mouth. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire…As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.” (Revelation 3:14-19)