Ethnocentricity can veil understanding for Christians. “The Antichrist” in Christian parlance is quite different from what “the messiah” means in different ethnicities.
“Christ” is the Greek translation of the Hebrew word rendered “Messiah”, so Yeshua, speaking Aramaic or Hebrew to his disciples, would have said, “Many shall come in my name, saying, I am Messiah”. And this clarifies what to expect. Remember, a name is an attribute, specifically of power, like “Spiderman” or “Ironman.”
The one thing all messiahs offer is victory against political oppression.
- “ye have heard that antichrist shall come,
- even now are there many antichrists;
- whereby we know that it is the last time.” (I John 2:18)
Messianism is the belief in the advent of a messiah who acts as the savior or liberator of a group of people. Messianism originated as an Abrahamic religious belief, but other religions have messianism-related concepts…
He whom God shall make manifest (Arabic: من يظهر الله, Persian: مظهر کلّیه الهی) is a messianic figure in the religion of Bábism…described…as the origin of all divine attributes, and stated that his command was equivalent to God’s command…The prediction is widely recognized as being fulfilled by Bahá’u’lláh, the founder of the Baháʼí Faith…
Maitreya is a bodhisattva who in the Buddhist tradition is to appear on Earth, achieve complete enlightenment, and teach the pure dharma. According to scriptures, Maitreya will be a successor of the historic Śākyamuni Buddha, founder of Buddhism. The prophecy of the arrival of Maitreya…is accepted by most Buddhists as a statement about an actual event that will take place in the distant future…
In Hinduism, Kalki (Devanagari: कल्कि; also rendered by some as Kalkin and Kalaki) is the tenth and final Maha Avatara (great incarnation) of Vishnu who will come to end the present age of darkness and destruction known as Kali Yuga. The…Sanskrit word “kalka“…refers to dirt…and hence denotes the “destroyer of foulness…”
There has been significant literature on the potential religious aspects of Nazism…In his book on the connection between Lanz von Liebenfelsand Hitler, Daim published a reprint of an alleged document of a session on “the unconditional abolishment of all religious commitments (Religionsbekenntnisse) after the final victory (Endsieg) … with a simultaneous proclamation of Adolf Hitler as the new messiah…”
Romantic Slavic messianism held that the Slavs, especially the Russians, suffer in order that other European nations, and eventually all of humanity, may be redeemed. This theme had a profound impact in the development of Pan-Slavism and Russian and Soviet imperialism; it also appears in…the “Books of the Genesis of the Ukrainian People” (Brotherhood of Saints Cyril and Methodius Manifesto), in which…Ukraine will expand universal freedom and faith in all Slavic countries…
Aradia...a Messiah who was sent to Earth in order to teach the oppressed peasants how to perform witchcraft to use against the Roman Catholic Church and the upper classes…Aradia has become “arguably one of the central figures of the modern pagan witchcraft revival…” in various forms of Neopaganism, including Wicca and Stregheria, as an actual deity…
Marcus Garvey, a Jamaican, predicted there would be a black messiah in Africa…Ras Tafari, a prince, became Emperor of Ethiopia in 1930. As emperor he was called Haile Selassie…
Rastas believe that they are one of the twelve tribes of ancient Israel. They believe that Ethiopia is their promised land. they hope one day to return there just as the Israelites returned to the promised land after being slaves in Egypt and Babylon. Rastas believe that God took human form first as Christ the messiah then as Ras Tafari, the black messiah.
Look at the facial expressions in the photo with a beaming US President flanked by two very unhappy Middle Eastern Presidents whose will he overcame in the peace talks.
American Presidents Save The World From The Moslem Threat To World Peace
The historic Camp David accords, signed by Egypt and Israel and witnessed by the US on 17 September 1978…led to 26 March 1979, signing of the Egypt–Israel Peace Treaty… Throughout this period, US–Egyptian relations steadily improved.
But tidings out of the east / Iraq and Iran and out of the north / Asia Minor / Turkey shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
America’s relationship with these nations is the ultimate identification of America as the current manifestation of the Fourth Empire’s Western leg.
Babylon / Iraq is at the head of history past, present and future due to the gold produced by its oil.
1918 Absorbed by British Empire after breakup of Ottoman Empire.
1932 became an independent country called Iraq.
In March 2003 US and coalition forces invaded Iraq and ended the rule of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. The U.S. Institute of Peace has worked without interruption in Iraq since 2003 and maintains offices in Baghdad.
In 2018, Iraq produced oil at record levels. $7.0 billion of Iraqi exports to the United States, almost entirely consisting of crude oil.
Iraq is now a key partner for the United States in the region…August 2020 bilateral Strategic Dialogue the Government of Iraq signed MOUs totaling $8 billion in potential deals with U.S. companies.
Persia / Iran
- 1901 British Empire assumes control through exclusive oil concession of Anglo-Persian Oil Company
- 1941 During WWII Winston Churchill and Josef Stalin ally to depose Reza Shah, replacing him with their puppet, his 20-year-old son Mohammed Reza Pahlavi who allows their two nations to occupy Iran and protect oil essential for the war effort for the duration of World War II.
- 1946 The United States takes control via terms of Lend-Lease Act with Great Britain. President Truman ousts the Soviet Union by threatening nuclear attacks
- Frenemies: Iran and America since 1900 –
- 1949 – The American CIA funds hundreds of mercenaries who overthrow democratically elected Iranian Parlimentary leader Mossedegh and props up and increasingly autocratic Shah when the democratically elected Iranian parliament nationalizes the petroleum industry after calls for the same 50-50 profits split arranged with Venezuela and Saudi Arabia were refused by the British.
- 1957 – The CIA helps the Shah set up the SAVAK (a Farsi acronym for State Information and Security Organization), systematically silencing all opposition to his autocracy by imprisoning and torturing thousands of anti-Pahlavi activists.
- 1955 – The United States places electronic surveillance posts along Iran’s northern border with Russia.
- 1954 – Three U.S. petroleum giants are included in a new international oil consortium established by the Shah.
- 1964 – Ruhollah Khomeini, a 61-year-old ayatollah is exiled by the Shah when he ridicules the Shah as a U.S. puppet.
- 1972 – 1977 – The U.S. sells $13 billion worth of military weapons to the Shah as America’s partner in the Persian Gulf.
- 1978 – 1979 – After Iranian troops injure thousands and kill hundreds of Iranian citizens gathered in the streets protesting wasteful military spending and demanding democratic reforms, the US accepts his unavoidable exile, and Ayatollah Khomeini returns to Iran vowing to cleanse the country of all remaining influences of “the Great Satan”. That’s the United States, not the Shah. When the Shah arrives in New York City, suspecting another CIA-backed conspiracy as had happened with Mossesdegh, Iranian students storm the U.S. embassy and take 53 American diplomats hostage for 444 days.
- 1980 – 1988 – U.S. provides Saddam Hussein with aircraft and satellite reconnaissance of battlefields in the Iran-Iraq War which claims half a million lives, two-thirds of them Iranian.
- 2003 – American-controlled Coalition Provisional Authority in Baghdad faces opposition from Iranian intelligence working closely with Shi’a militants in Iraq waging a guerrilla war against American presence and control
- 2005 – America becomes the target of a jihad by newly elected hard-line Islamist who vows to make Iran a nuclear power as soon as possible.
- Currently – The governments of America and Iran continue to view each other with fear and suspicion well into the second decade of the new millennium. If history repeats itself, Iran, like Iraq, will be brought under American control by war, not diplomacy.
Turkey / Asia Minor
Historically, a Western-backed ruler in Asia Minor has ruled the land of Canaan / Israel since the times of the Greeks and Romans.
The U.S.-Turkey friendship dates to 1831, when the United States established diplomatic relations with the Ottoman Empire...Turkey is a key NATO Ally and critical regional partner, and the United States is committed to improving the relationship between our two countries…Turkey is an important U.S. security partner…vital eastern anchor.
Turkey controls the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates gives it…the ability to cut off the supply of water to Syria and Iraq.
If Turkey were actually to do this, it would constitute the equivalent of an act of war…
It is the fear that Turkey might reduce the water flow, through upriver diversions for its own agricultural development purposes, that can give Turkey considerable influence over Arab politics.
A relatively new geopolitical fact that is often overlooked is…the Ataturk Dam…near the Syrian border…
The whole Euphrates River dam system…built in the 1980s and 1990s, which actually has the capacity to pump water as far as the water-starved West Bank in Palestine, will make Turkey a greater power in the Arab Middle East in the 21st century than it was in the 20th.
The heightened political profile that Turkey has adopted of late should be seen in the context of this new geographical reality.
President Donald Trump appeared to confirm Wednesday that US nuclear weapons are being housed at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey, making him the first US official to publicly acknowledge what has been considered an open secret for years…
Trump was asked if he is concerned about the safety of “as many as 50 nuclear weapons at Incirlik Air Base” given the ongoing Turkish incursion into Syria — a situation that has prompted bipartisan condemnation from members of Congress and suggestions that the weapons should be moved to another location…
“We’re confident, and we have a great — a great air base there, a very powerful air base. That air base alone can take anyplace. It’s a large, pwerful air base,” Trump responded, apparently acknowledging that US nuclear weapons are being stored in Turkey.
“And, you know, Turkey — just so people remember — Turkey is a NATO member. We’re supposed to get along with our NATO members, and Turkey is a NATO member. Do people want us to start shooting at a NATO member? That would be a first. And that’s all involved having to do with NATO,” he added.
“The next question to Trump (and DoD) should be why is the United States continuing to store nuclear weapons in Turkey given that Turkey is an increasingly unreliable ally” and “the proximity of the weapons to a war zone,”
I realize that accusing the US President of being antichrist is only acceptable when he leads the opposition party. Let’s put party preferences aside. There is only one true savior, but there are many antichrists. Both presidential candidates can be deceiving us. Prophecy and policy provide the ID badges for both Christ and Antichrist.
Any leader who promises to solve problems by changing circumstances and defeating an external enemy is a false savior. We’ve had the abysmally failed War on Poverty, the War on Drugs, The War on Terror, none of which puts responsibility on the individual.
The true savior and his representatives preach that the problem is sinful human nature and the real solution is the transformation by individuals to a holy nature empowering changed behavior.