- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The same was in the beginning with God.
- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Only by separating the Old Testament from the New Testament, and creating an entirely separate religion of Christianity can this passage be distorted into claiming Jesus Christ is the Word, a co-equal partner with The Father and The Holy Spirit in a Trinity.
This false doctrine completely blows away the biblical presentation of one, Singular, monotheistic God and has done so much damage by driving monotheistic believers away from Christianity.
If we accept previous scripture as true revelation from God, and maintain consistency in interpretation, we understand that “the Word” is not Jesus Christ. It is the Power of God.
The best way for this to sink in to brains numbed by indoctrination is to contrast God’s Singularity as explained in detail by Moses, to Star Wars’ “May the Force be with you” taught by Yoda.
God is the Force, AKA Word.
As detailed in previous posts, E=mc2, where c2 or infinity light is the force required to convert energy to mass.
Now read John 1 from this perspective.
- In the beginning was the Word – force, c2
- and the Word was with God, and the Word was God – this Force is part of God, not something he has to draw on like Luke Skywalker.
- The same was in the beginning with God – both the Force and God are one being, one did not precede the other
- All things were made by him – God, through the exercise of his intrinsic force;
- and without him was not any thing made that was made – establishing he only is Creator.
- In him was life / Energy; and the life was the light – consciousness – of men.
- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended / overwhelmed it not – going back to Genesis 1 days and nights.
John Chapter 7
After these things Jesus walked in Galilee [of the Gentiles]: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him. Now the Jew’s feast of tabernacles was at hand. His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea…shew thyself to the world. For neither did his brethren believe in him. [Like Joseph’s brothers’, they wanted him to get rid of him, even to kill him, as proven by Jesus’ response to them.] Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come [to die]: but your time is alway ready [to believe in me]. The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come [Jesus knew that, like Judas eventually did, they were going to turn him in to the rulers]...when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said, Where is he? And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people. Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews.
Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught. And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned [in our school]?…
“Then cried Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua in the temple…[iin open challenge to the politicized and corrupt high priest and his entourage]
- Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: [the Seed of the Woman, Yahweh’s Human Savior promised since Day 1]
- “And the Lord God said unto the serpent…I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed [Caesar at this time] and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” (Genesis 3:14-15)
- and I am not come of myself…
“In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD / YHVH, make his paths straight…Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:” (Matthew 3:1-8)
“Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: [that was John the Baptist] and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts…And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.” (Malachi 3:1-3)
- whom ye know [identify with, are in unity with] not. But I know him: for I am from him…
- as the Son, i.e. the Seed, the very image and likeness of the Father, equal to the Father. And they got the message as the progression of events shows.
- And many of the people believed on him, and said, When The Anointed One / Messiah / Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?
- “The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me [miracle-working Moses, through whom God released the Israelites from bondage to the Egyptians, the world empire at that time]; unto him ye shall hearken [respond to]…And the LORD said unto me…I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.” (Deuteronomy 18:15-18)
- The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent [police] officers to take him…
- In the last day, that great day of the feast, Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua / Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst,
- [you know they must have been, after standing and walking for hours in crowds] “When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I Yahweh will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.” (Isaiah 41:17)
- let him come unto me / Yahweh’s Delegated Savior, and drink. He that believeth on me / Yahweh through my Delegated Savior, as the scripture hath said [allegorically in a number of places especially Isaiah, but not quoting exactly], out of his belly [inner being] shall flow rivers of living water.
- “And Yahweh shall…satisfy thy soul in drought…and thou shalt be like a…spring of water, whose waters fail not.” (Isaiah 58:11)
- (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive:
- “Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen. Thus saith Yahweh that made thee…I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:” (Isaiah 44:1-3) ( for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua / Jesus was not yet glorified.)
- “And ye shall know that I am / Yahweh in the midst of Israel and that I am the LORD / Yahweh your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed [let down, disappointed, hopes dashed]. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and…whosoever shall call on the name / the revealed character of the LORD / Yahweh shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance” (Joel 2:27-32)
- Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet. Others said, This is the Appointed One / Messiah / Christ…
- And some of them would have taken him; but no man laid hands on him. Then came the [police] officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him?
- The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.
- Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived? Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him? But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.
- Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua / Jesus by night, being one of them,) Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
- They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee?”(John 7:28-52)
All the rulers of Judea had a choice to make – to accept Yahweh’s Savior / Yeshua as the Son of God and King of the Kingdom of Heaven and Earth, or to continue to operate in the delusion that they could be in control of their little sphere of influence on earth.
And Yeshua gave them all the evidence they needed to prove he was who he said he was. And – most importantly! – who the scriptures said he would be: The Seed of the Woman, Yaweh’s Promised Savior from the curse of sin and death.