Nowadays “remnant” generally applies to the last little bit of fabric left after the rest of the large amount on the bolt has been cut off. It’s not considered worth much, and sold at a discount.
In a biblical context, “remnant” also refers to “the last little bit remaining.”
“And the remnant that remaineth of the  curtains of the tent, the half curtain that remaineth [1/20th of the total]… (Exodus 26:1,12)
When applied to humans, it still means what’s left of what has been cut off.
“Ishmael…and the ten men that were with him…smote Gedaliah…whom the king of Babylon had made governor over the land. Ishmael carried away captive all the residue of the people that were in Mizpah…
Then Johanan…took all the men, and went to fight with Ishmael the son of Nethaniah…
Then took Johanan the remnant of the people whom he had recovered from Ishmael…to go to enter into Egypt…for we are left but a few of many. (Jeremiah 41-42)
Likewise, the remnant in Jerusalem who give glory to God are the very few remaining individuals of a larger group that has been killed, not only by invading foreigners, but also by apostate politico-religious leaders in league with foreigners, like the remnant recovered from Ishmael.
In the future scenario in Jerusalem, despite witnessing the fact that that resurrection from the dead,
- as detailed only in the Bible
- and legally proven by the Son of God
- and offered to all who will align themselves with him
- has – once again, as with YHVH’s Savior – been personally witnessed by the Adversary’s soldiers,
the majority of the people ally with the Adversary.
This is understandable, because the Antichrist also comes from the heavens and has also proven that he has power over death for his followers – with the added bonus of not having to stop sinning.
Anyone who has suffered in a dysfunctional family either as a child or a spouse should be able to figure out how that ends.
But like the amount of uranium in a nuclear bomb, just a little bit is all it takes to release the power of the universe.
- “And the remnant were affrighted and gave glory to the God of heaven.” (Revelation 11:13)
This word “affrighted” ἔμφοβος, is only used to describe unearthly terror at the sight of God’s hyper dimensional glory.
“they [the women followers of Yeshua] came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and..behold!, [especially calls attention to what follows ] two men stood by them in shining garments…And…they were afraid” (Luke 24:1-5)
“as they [the men followers of Yeshua] thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them…But they were terrified / panic-stricken and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.” (Luke 24:37)
We need to understand that the remnant know exactly what is causing their intense terror.
It is God’s glory as in “Mine eyes have seen the coming of the glory of the Lord, he is stamping out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored!”
The remnant know he is coming to mete out justice.
“thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
- and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great;
- and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.” (Revelation 11:18)
“I said, “Look at ME! Look at ME! Pay attention to ME NOT HIM/HER!” unto a nation that was not called by my name.
Don’t attribute this to Judaism. A nation that was not called by YHVH’s name can only be “Christian”.
- “I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
- A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face;
- that [literally or figuratively] sacrificeth in gardens,
- and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
- Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments,
- which eat swine’s flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
- Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou.
- These are a smoke in my nose / major irritation, “it’s killing me!”, a fire that burneth all the day.
Behold, it is written before me [ergo, it WILL happen]:
I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom, Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the LORD…
- I will bring forth
- a seed out of Jacob [Hebrews / Gentiles]
- AND out of Judah [Jews] an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there…
- But [NOT] ye…that forsake the LORD…that prepare a table for that troop / Gad / heathen god of good fortune, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number / a heathen god of fate.
- Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter:
- because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not…
- ye shall leave your name / Christ-ian for a curse unto my chosen / Messiah of Isra-El:
- for the LORD God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:” (Isaiah 65)
“The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.” (Revelation 11:14)
“And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice,
- “Fear God, and give glory to him;for the hour of his judgment is come:
- and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.” (Revelation 14:6-7)
Who knows the four dimensional time frame of these warnings. Perhaps the hyper dimensional is overlain, but for sure all around the world there are those lined up to drink the Kool-Aid who can be prevented at the last possible second.
The reference to “another angel” in chapter 14 only makes sense in a sequence of events if we go back to the last angel described before this one.
That would be back in chapter 11, verse 15.
“the third woe cometh quickly ταχύ as in tachycardia[not immediately, but that when it happens, in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye!].
It is difficult to document multiple situations occurring simultaneously in any kind of order that matches with their synchronicity. Every other sentence? Every other paragraph? Usually we report one coherently and then the other(s), like an investigator taking witness statements.
This clues us in that the recap of history beginning chapter 12:1 continues into chapter 14 with the great tribulation.
“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads…These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins.” (Revelation 14:1-4)
This supports the expected logical trajectory of our current society, which has rapidly gone from tolerating to empowering rampant pagan practices of homosexuality, bestiality, and pedophilia, and can credibly impose sexual activity on its citizens in the near future exactly as was the case in earlier times.
Events since the victory of gay marriage give us reason to worry as well. When society became more accepting of homosexual desires and behavior, often even celebrating gays’ legal triumphs, it didn’t merely allow a tiny, fixed percentage of the population to live openly. The share of Americans identifying as non-heterosexual drastically increased, driven by young women. As a father, I have no interest in re-running this experiment with pedophilia…
A Long, Dark Shadow gives us a look at a population we should want to understand. It also gives us a look at the worldview of its author, which we should find terrifying.
- These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth – to death.
- These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits [to be resurrected] unto God and to the Lamb.” (Revelation 14:1-5)
The first “other angel” picks up after Revelation 11:14, filling in more detail of God’s last ditch effort to salvage what humanity he can.
“And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God,
“And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
And here is where the account syncs with Revelation 11:15 “And the seventh angel sounded” as well as the previous announcements of the timing of this event by a number of reliable witnesses.
- “Immediately after the tribulation of those days…
- shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven…[which is] the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
- And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet,
- and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.” (Matthew 24:29-31)
“with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer…as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee.” (Isaiah 54:7-9)
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
- “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
- with the voice of the archangel,
- and with the trump of God: a
- and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:” (I Thessalonians 4:15-17)
“And I saw them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying…all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.” (Revelation 15:2-4)
“In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand…when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?…I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I…he shall baptize you [plural, speaking to a crowd not an individual] with
- the Holy Ghost
- and [or] with fire:
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge / utterly clear his floor, and
- gather his wheat into the garner; [those of you with the Holy Ghost]
- but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire [those of you without].” (Matthew 3:11-12)
“And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe. And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.” (Revelation 14:17-20)
The earlier scriptural report of this event is obviously a responsive reading by a congregation more enthusiastic than the typical Christian church.
- “Who is this that…is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength?
- I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save!
- Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
- I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come!
- And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold:
- therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
- I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies…For he said,
- Surely they are my people…so he was their Saviour. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them…
- Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of thy holiness and of thy glory: where is thy zeal and thy strength, the sounding of thy bowels and of thy mercies toward me? are they restrained?
- Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: [clearly referencing Gentile believers] thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting...
- Return for thy servants’ sake, the tribes of thine inheritance. The people of thy holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have trodden down thy sanctuary.
- Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down…to make thy name known to thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at thy presence!…
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.” (Isaiah 63:1-64:4)