Two thousand years ago the Messiah’s / Christ’s disciples thought the end was nigh. They had good reason to believe that this world system was coming to an end.
- Daniel’s prophecies of the fourth kingdom and the actions by YHVH’s Chosen Savior had been fulfilled.
- They had just heard him curse the Jewish leadership in even stronger language than Moses.
- Immediately after delivering his scathing denouncement to the religious leaders, Yeshua immediately turns his attention to them and informs them that they would have front row seats to the climax of Daniel’s prophecy.
We can collate Daniel’s words in chapter 11 with Jesus’ updates in Matthew 24 to sequence the signs of the times. Do realize, once one of these ball gets rolling, the momentum keeps it going, until all the balls merge like a hurricane into one totally chaotic maelstrom rather than a sequence of events.
- Many shall come in my YHVH’s name and shall deceive many leading to
- Wars with associated famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places leading to blame and
- World-wide tribulation on YHVH’s people who shall fall by the sword, by flame, by captivity, and by spoil…to try them and to purge and to make them white, leads to
- Religious leaders taking offense, betraying and hating YHVH’s people leads to
- Rise of false prophets leads to
- Forsaking the holy covenant, which in Jesus’ update of Daniel’s prophecy certainly means the New Covenant in his blood so these prophets are within what we call Christianity.
- Israel places the abomination that maketh desolate in the holy place.
- The vile king shall exalt himself and shall plant the tabernacles / tents / bivouac of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain.
After their triumphal entry into Jerusalem, YHVH’s Savior’s disciples were fully expecting to see the great day of his wrath against the corrupt Jewish rulers.
This was in fact the original plan.
“And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem…then sent Jesus two disciples…ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them. All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass…And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest…This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves. And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.” (Matthew 21)
“And when the [usurper] chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the son / prophesied heir of David; they were sore displeased, And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say?”
“I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.” (Matthew 21:12-14, 23:34-36)
Jesus “taught daily in the temple” (Luke 19:47) in the days leading to his crucifixion, so he was very familiar with the details of the magnificent complex when “his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.” (Matthew 24:1)
Clearly they were not familiarizing him with it, they were gloating over their new residence and wondering where each of them would be enthroned.
“And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” (Matthew 24:2)
This was not what they were expecting.
The logical conclusion to this news that was that there would be a war for the kingdom, like the Maccabees had waged against vicious Antiochus Epiphenes, with a lot of righteous people being terrorized and martyred. What a bummer.
They didn’t want to throw cold water on the joyous expectant crowd, so they kept this bad news to themselves until they could balance it with something to sustain believers enduring the inescapable suffering to come.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” (Titus 2:13)
The disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us…what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world / ultimate salvation from sin’s suffering and death?” (Matthew 24:3)
We need to pay close attention to his answer.
“Take heed that no man deceive you.” (Matthew 24:4)
As YHVH’s Savior answered his disciple’s query, he only provided talking points. His scripturally literate Apostles could fill in the details from the scriptures describing tribulation and rescue:
- Genesis, especially the prototypical days of Noah and Nimrod,
- Exodus – Joshua battling giants,
- history books from Judges through the Maccabees under oppression from foreign nations
- the prophets from Enoch through John the Baptist preaching the name / way of salvation,
And they could read The Signs of the Times of current events under classical Rome.
They were well aware of the details of the seven Seals and seven Trumpets with false Christs / Saviors promising to rescue their followers from the horrific events that follow each.
Excerpts from Isaiah 8-25
“the Lord spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying, Say ye not, A confederacy [with Egypt, with Assyria, with Babylon, with Persia, with Greece, with Rome…, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy… [instead, as instructed in the law of Moses] Sanctify the LORD of hosts/ armies himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence…to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion…To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness….the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the LORD of hosts, which he hath determined against it…whither we flee for help to be delivered from the king of Assyria / modern Turkey with its alliances: and how shall we escape? A grievous vision is declared unto me;
All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye….For afore the harvest…he shall both cut off…and take away and cut down…In that time shall the present be brought unto the LORD of hosts of a people scattered and peeled, and from a people terrible from their beginning hitherto [whichever nation allied with Israel then, inevitably, turned on her]…to the place of the name of the LORD of hosts, the mount Zion.
Therefore are my loins filled with pain: pangs have taken hold upon me, as the pangs of a woman that travaileth: I was bowed down at the hearing of it; I was dismayed at the seeing of it. My heart panted, fearfulness affrighted me:…For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth...And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen…The burden of Dumah…The burden upon Arabia….Dedanim…Tema…Kedar shall fail…for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it…a day of trouble, and of treading down, and of perplexity by the LORD God of hosts in the valley of vision, Elam bare the quiver with chariots of men and horsemen, and Kir uncovered the shield. And it shall come to pass, that thy choicest valleys shall be full of chariots, and the horsemen shall set themselves in array at the gate.
And in that day did the LORD God of hosts call to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to girding with sackcloth: And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die…Surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you till ye die, saith the LORD God of hosts…And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant…and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the LORD God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.
And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Only later, through his Apostle John, did Yeshua elaborate on his outline by providing details of these events. Why?
Because of the scriptural illiteracy of the burgeoning numbers of Gentile Christians.
The way we know the true savior is through his match with the consistent biblical record of the
- creation of humanity in spiritual union with their creator and sustainer of life,
- selfish nature of humans inevitably leading to loss of relationship / connection therefore loss of sustained / everlasting life from the Giver of Life.
- prophecy and and fulfillment of YHVH’s / Creator’s Savior in HIS name / way of providing salvation through taking on human nature genetically, overcoming sin, and in that bodily state experiencing death for all humans with whom he shares the same DNA, thus maintaining God’s justice while mercifully affording forgiveness of sin by transferring the punishment for sin onto himself,
- thus allowing restoration of a connection with the giver and sustainer of life forever, under terms of a type of marriage covenant union requiring the assent of both parties.
Traditional Judaism denies the deity, i.e. unity of the Savior with YHVH. Paganized Christianity denies his humanity and separate him from the Father through doctrines such as the trinity. Since his unique combination of God in human flesh was proven by his resurrection from the dead, any doctrine eliminating either of those natures effectively denies both resurrection and the possibility of unity of the rest of humanity with God as the means of salvation from sin and death.
“how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?…For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins…If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.” (I Corinthians 15:12-19)
Antichrists are identified by their denial of this accomplished plan of salvation by YHVH’s Promised Savior / Jesus Christ.
“For many deceivers…confess not that Jesus Christ [the Creator’s Representative] is come in the flesh. This is…an antichrist.” (II John 1:6-8)
“Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.” (I John 2:18)
“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus / The Creator’s Son is the Christ [Promised Savior from death]? He is antichrist, that denieth the [true Creator] Father and the Son [the very image and likeness of the Father].” (I John 2:22)
“And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.” (I John 4:3)
“For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.” (II John 2:7)
Antichrists offer different plans of salvation from death ranging across the spectrum from putting the blame on someone else to denying anything is wrong to imposing impossible rules and penances for saving one’s self from the punishment for sin.
So you’d think it would be easy to spot the Evil Prince, the Son of Satan, Seed of the Serpent in contrast to the righteous Jesus Christ. But the ability of a deadly snake to hide in plain sight is why we call a seeming friend after they’ve betrayed us with their cunning, deceitful and treacherous ways a “snake in the grass.”
The Seed of the Serpent takes his cue from the Seed of the Woman. He pretends to love us and save us from sin – devastating epidemics from the egregious overindulgence of wildly promiscuous sex and destruction of balanced ecosystems, our weapons and pollution-choked atmosphere and garbage-choked seas, endless cycles of revenge-driven bloody wars, social violence driven by our exploited then abandoned Third World peoples. At some time in the future he even pretends, in some way, to suffer and die for us, to resurrect from the dead, and provide eternal life for us. He follows the Seed of the Woman’s playbook.
The Netflix series The Messiah does a fabulous job of portraying this. You can tell those writers read theBible.
When we find ourselves in a Hall of Mirrors how can we tell which apparently fully human leader truly saves and who deceives into destruction?
It’s All About The Sin
- The true Messiah saves us from our own sinful nature through redemption by dying in our place.
- The Antichrist promises to save us from other people’s sins through war by slaughtering “the enemy.”
Antichrist is anyone who
- accommodates our sin
- while blaming the consequences of our sin on others
- and promises to eliminate the problems caused by our sin by eliminating others’ ability to limit our self-indulgence.
This is a trap for self-destruction.
Take obesity. Isn’t this a straight-forward example of over-indulgence?
“Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty…put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.” (Proverbs 23:20-21, 23:2)
World Health Organization began sounding the alarm in the 1990s, spearheading a series of expert and technical consultations. Public awareness campaigns were also initiated to sensitize policy-makers, private sector partners, medical professionals and the public at large. Aware that obesity is predominantly a “social and environmental disease”, WHO is helping to develop strategies that will make healthy choices easier to make.
Centers for Disease Control: Obesity is a national epidemic and a major contributor to some of the leading causes of death in the U.S., including heart disease, stroke, diabetes and some types of cancer. We need to change our communitiesinto places that strongly support healthy eating and active living.
Seriously? Individuals need to stop their individual unhealthy eating practices.
The Seed of the Serpent draws people the same way the Serpent convinced the woman to eat the fruit. He appeals to the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.
Anyone who chooses this way of life invariably becomes evil. And that assessment doesn’t come from the Bible. It comes from PsychologyToday.
What do we really mean when we use these simplistic terms, ‘good’ and ‘evil’?
‘Good’ means a lack of self-centeredness. It means the ability to empathize with other people, feel compassion for them, and put their needs before your own. It means, if necessary, sacrificing your own well-being for the sake of others. It means benevolence, altruism and selflessness, and self-sacrifice towards a greater cause — all qualities which stem from a sense of empathy. It means being able to see beyond the superficial difference of race, gender, or nationality and relate to a common human essence beneath them…
‘Evil’ people are those who are unable to empathize with others. As a result, their own needs and desires are of paramount importance. They are selfish, self-absorbed, and narcissistic. In fact, other people only have value for them to the extent that they can help them satisfy their own desires or be exploited. This applies to dictators like Stalin and Hitler, and to serial killers and rapists. I would argue that their primary characteristic is an inability to empathize with others. They can’t sense other people’s emotions or suffering, can’t see the world from other people’s perspectives, and so have no sense of their rights. Other human beings are just objects to them, which is what makes their brutality and cruelty possible.
I would argue that their primary characteristic is not a lack of feeling described as “inability to empathize with others”, but a perverted feeling of pleasure in causing pain, suffering and death. Rapists and serial killers don’t risk being caught because they are numb to feelings. They seek recurring orgasms of feeling which makes the risk worth it.
individuals who habitually and pervasively disregard or violate the rights and considerations of others without remorse. People with Antisocial Personality Disorder may be habitual criminals, or engage in behavior which would be grounds for criminal arrest and prosecution, or they may engage in behaviors which skirt the edges of the law, or manipulate and hurt others in non-criminal ways which are widely regarded as unethical, immoral, irresponsible, or in violation of social norms and expectations. Those with APD often possess an impaired moral conscience and make decisions driven purely by their own desires without considering the needs or negative effects of their actions on others. Impulsive and criminal behavior is common.
Can we not see through the lies to recognize that American society has become antisocial?
The heart of progressive-liberal values is simple: empathy(caring about and for people) and responsibility (acting responsibly on that empathy). These values translate into a simple principle: Use the common wealth for the common good to better all our lives. In short, promoting the common good is the central role of government.
The right-wing conservatives now in power have the opposite values and principles. Their main value is Rely on individual discipline and initiative.
Apply the liberal agenda just to sexual rights, which takes the position that the common wealth – that would be taxes on working persons demonstrating individual discipline and initiative – should be spent on alleviating the problems caused by “individuals seeking recurring orgasms of feeling which makes the risk worth it.”
- Developing medical advances in the form of vaccines, treatments, etc. allowing unrestrained sexual activity so those individuals without individual discipline and initiative to protect themselves don’t have to personally pay for the known consequences of AIDS, now Monkey pox, not to mention herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital warts despite widespread knowledge and existing provisions for protection from catching these diseases through use of prophylactic devises and medications. “Only 4 percent of sexually active gay and bisexual men in the United States use Truvada, a highly effective medication used to prevent the transmission of HIV, according to the results of a first-of-its-kind study.” “Correct and consistent condom use is the most effective method to prevent HIV and other STIs among sexually active MSM...condom use among MSM is low“
- Providing taxpayer-funded abortion on demand for those individuals without individual discipline and initiative to use birth control, or the morning after pill, or the abortion pill, or establish an economically stable domestic environment in which to raise a child, or limit sexual activity to a responsible partner, or modify their lifestyle to meet a child’s needs.
- Developing new social infrastructures throughout society to support unrestricted self-identified gender by a minute proportion of individuals. “About 0.7% of adults 18-24 identify as transgender, and 0.5% of adults 65 and older identify as transgender. When it comes to LGBTQ rights, the United States has made significant strides over the years. Several states have protections for transgender people, including employment, public accommodations, housing, credit, and schools.” There is no historical or sociological long-term evidence of the effects of this startling new trend on these individuals or society.
Yesterday, The New Atlantis released a comprehensive “,” taking a look at the accumulated body of credible scientific research on LGBT issues. The study is by Lawrence Mayer, a scholar-in-residence at Johns Hopkins University, and Paul McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and its findings destroy the narrative.
First, regarding sexual orientation, the view that it is “an innate, biologically fixed property of human beings — the idea that people are ‘born that way’ — is not supported by scientific evidence.” Indeed, the authors highlight numerous studies finding that sexual orientation is often fluid, with one study showing high rates of abandonment of non-heterosexual identification as young men grew out of adolescence.
Second, “compared to the general population, non-heterosexual subpopulations are at an elevated risk for a variety of adverse health and mental health outcomes.” The numbers are sobering. Non-heterosexual populations have 1.5 times the risk of anxiety disorders and substance abuse, twice the risk of depression, and 2.5 times the risk of suicide. The transgender population also is at elevated risk for mental-health problems, with the suicide numbers particularly troubling: “The rate of lifetime suicide attempts across all ages of transgender individuals is estimated at 41%, compared to under 5% in the overall U.S. population”…
what emerges is a messy, realistic vision of human beings who are shaped by myriad social, cultural, and biological forces.
To take one example, the authors spend considerable time talking about the high incidence of childhood sexual and physical abuse in the LGBT community. Do LGBT people experience higher rates of abuse and assault because of their orientation, or does the life-altering experience of abuse and assault contribute to the formation of an LGBT identity? As the authors note, the answer is not necessarily either/or. A person can be targeted because they’re perceived to be gay and “sexual abuse perpetrated by men might cause boys to think they are gay or make girls averse to sexual contact with men”…
in spite of the mountain of evidence that those who forsake the allegedly oppressive “Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement”…face far greater challenges…some on Left want to…keep selling their moral vision to the public without any competition…and the resulting physical or emotional harm is either reasonably tolerable or can be alleviated through a combination of government programs and public re-education.
The Judeo-Christian model, by contrast, is aspirational, calling on people not to do what they want, but what they should. The Left’s response is alluring, but it offers a self-indulgent path down which lies cultural ruin. The LGBT Left is driving us there just as fast as it can depress the gas pedal, but thanks to McHugh and Mayer, we now know they most assuredly are not doing so in the name of “science.”
While claiming empathy as a motivation, the liberal agenda is overwhelmingly antisocial towards the vast majority of the population – those who practice ethical behavior. Is it not obvious that centuries-long religion-based morality is being systematically defined as evil through politics? This is upside down.
“Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.” (Mattew 24:6-9)
What is so detestable about the name of Jesus / YHVH’s Savior?
Being forced to take responsibility for one’s own sins rather than being supported in blaming someone else. Contrast the soothing explanation on this psychiatrist’s pillow.
“…thou shalt call his name Yeshua / YHVH’s Savior: for he shall save his people from THEIR sins.” (Mathew 1:21)
“If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their THEIR sin.” (John 15:22)
“And he said unto them…if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in YOUR sins.” (John 8:24)
The reality is that self-indulgence by individuals results in loss of necessary personal relationships, and self-indulgence by societies results in loss of necessary stable international relations and inevitable destruction.
Dependance upon Creator God is the true sign.
Antichrist rests his claim on the oldest lie of the serpent, that his followers don’t need the Creator and Sustainer of life, they can rebel against the Most High God and become self-sufficient powerful gods in themselves just by doing something, like “eat the fruit!”, or “do penance!”, or “draw a pentagram and stand inside it while you recite magical incantations!” or “follow a set of rules!”
- “At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.
- But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
- But he said unto them…if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue: And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered.
- And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
- And he said unto them…it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
- Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him….That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
- Behold my / Creator God’s servant,
- whom I have chosen;
- my beloved,
- in whom my soul is well pleased:
- I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
- Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him….That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
- A bruised reed shall he not break, [untrustworthy and unreliable military ally, could that mean us faithless and timid Christians?] and
- smoking flax shall he not quench, [barely visible lights, could that be most of us Christians barely discernable from unbelievers in society?]
- till he send forth judgment unto victory.
- And in his name [attribute] shall the Gentiles trust…
Miracles and wonders can be faked by humans or actually enacted by hyper dimensional beings. The only means by which anyone can discern that someone is faking their identity is to compare certain unique features / attributes with the true individual’s.
Obviously, as fans of Forensic Files know, in order to compare features one has to have existing records on hand. We don’t have finger prints, DNA, facial recognition, so what can we use?
For the Christ, as with most people, we use his passport, recording the unique features of his comings and goings and activities.
“Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them…He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto God the Lord belong the issues from death…The LORD said…I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea…Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the LORD, To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old.” (Psalm 68)
- “Who hath ascended up into heaven,
- or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists?
- who hath bound the waters in a garment?
- who hath established all the ends of the earth?
- what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?
- Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. (Proverbs 30:4-5)
The true Christ’s passport, the document that not only records where he’s been but begins the process of entry into the territory of the person who examines it, is the established, proven, unfailing, Word of God. This is the only template by which any claimant to be the Messiah is tested to be true or false. The Apostle Paul proved the veracity of Yhvh’s Promised Savior / Jesus Christ’s claims by matching him with the passport.
“every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ…That we henceforth be no more…carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive…Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:” (Ephesians 4:7-21)
Yhvh’s Savior / Jesus Christ himself presented his credentials at his first coming to earth by constantly quoting promises / prophecies from previous scripture. Compare Isaiah 42 to Matthew 12. These passages consistently point to one person.
And, surprise! It’s not The Promised One / Messiah / Christ.
It’s YHVH, CREATOR GOD.
- “Behold my servant, whom I uphold;
- mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth;
- I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles…He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street…
- Thus saith God the LORD,
- he that created the heavens, and stretched them out;
- he that spread forth the earth,
- and that which cometh out of it;
- he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
- I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles…to bring…them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
- I am the LORD / YHVH: that is my name / identity, reputation from things I’ve done: and my glory / fame for unique accomplishments will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.” (Isaiah 42:1-8)
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
- Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
- For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
- Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened…
- Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
- for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: (abortions and lesbianism)
- And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet (there is a scientifically natural explanation for AIDS that doesn’t require God’s judgment)
- And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
- Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” (Romans 1:18-32)
A psychological definition that is agreed-upon by everyone, even by people who deny spirituality, is that evil is self-centeredness to the point of denying objective reality to the detriment of others.
So then, “What is truth?” Simply, fundamentally, that there is a Creator God by whom everything and everyone subsists, who rightly claims our submission to his system of right and wrong, including accepting his son’s way of restoring a right relationship with him.
“For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” (I Corinthians 8:5-6)
The ONENESS of God and the extension of his identity into his children is what saves us from self-destruction AKA sin and resulting death. Sin AKA Satan and his Seed can’t defeat omnipotent God, therefore they can’t defeat his children as long as we stay connected to our power and source of life.
Since the 7th century militant Islamic leaders are the primary alternate claimants to representing The One True God Who sent his prophet to save his people from their sins are. Many Christian nations have been betraying biblical mandates and hating one another in power-seeking alliances with Islamic leaders.
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many Christians shall wax cold, hearts and minds and necks becoming hard as cold wax. No love for the word of God, for desperate people in need. Can we not recognize that the rapture doctrine is the height (that’s a pun) of love grown cold? Total abandonment, total self-love with no love lost even on family members left behind to face the worst horrors ever experienced by humanity. How cold can you get?