Key Precept: As in any good book, the Bible stays true to its theme and plot from its opening line to its climactic end.
“The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see. O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!…spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention…the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth…
- “in 2020, 260 million Christians live in World Watch List top 50 countries where Christians are at risk of high, very high or extreme levels of persecution. This is up from 245 million in 2019.” “…the situation in China continues to worsen…over 5,500 churches have been destroyed, closed down or confiscated. In India, Christian minorities are subjected to extreme persecution which manifested in at least 1,445 physical attacks and death threats against Christians in 2019. In Nigeria, in 2019, approximately 1,350 Christians were killed for their faith.”
- “And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?” (Revelation 6:9-10)
“I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though it be told you. For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land…They are terrible and dreadful. Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than the evening wolves: and…their horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat. They shall come all for violence…imputing this his power unto his god.
ISIS, AKA ISIL for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, is made up of Islamic militants from Syria and Iraq but also draws thousands of fighters from across the Muslim world and Europe. It was founded in 2014 by an Iraqi leader of al Qaeda named Ibrahim Awad al-Badri who changed his name / identity, which by convention includes his home town of Badr), to Abu Bakr – Muhammad’s first convert and first successor – al-Baghdadi – now “his” city. Declaring the creation of a caliphate, ISIS quickly took control of large parts of Iraq and Syria. Its strict Islamic rule, including beheadings, the taking of slaves and punishments for improper female dress, music and smoking are so brutal that it was disowned by al Qaeda. Its director of external operations, Abu Muhammad al-Adnani, is on the FBI’s Most Wanted List as the man most likely to cause harm in the West.
And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice…Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet…Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen were 200,000,000…out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone… their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.” (Revelation 9:13-19)
“And the Lord…said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come…For the violence of Lebanon shall cover thee, and the spoil of beasts, which made them afraid, because of men’s blood, and for the violence of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein….Behold, his soul which is lifted up [with pride] is not up right in him: but the just shall live by his faith.” (Habakkuk 1-2)
- “Lebanon is hurtling toward a tipping point at an alarming speed, driven by financial ruin, collapsing institutions, hyperinflation and rapidly rising poverty – with a pandemic on top of that… Its 1975-90 civil war made the word “Beirut” synonymous with war’s devastation…the current crisis is…a culmination of decades of corruption and greed by a political class that pillaged nearly every sector of the economy…prices for basic food items and other goods have seen a meteoric rise. Savings have evaporated, plunging many into sudden poverty. Lebanon’s fall “represents an epic collapse with a generational impact,” wrote Maha Yehia, director of the Carnegie Middle East Center…A complete breakdown of Lebanon threatens the wider region, potentially leading to security vacuums that could be exploited by extremists…and add yet more turmoil to the arc of instability stretching from Syria through Iraq…“Lebanon is rapidly spiraling toward the worst-case scenario: a failed state on the eastern Mediterranean.”
- And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast [anonymous creature] rise up out of the sea [of outer space]….and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority…And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven…And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. (Revelation 13:1-10)
“A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet upon Shigionoth. O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD…in wrath remember mercy. Before him went the pestilence, and burning coals went forth at his feet. He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations…his ways are everlasting.” (Habakkuk 1-3)
We are able to view Lucifer’s single political dynasty through the succession of rulers personified as a single individual in Daniel’s overview of all history.
“Thou, O king [Nebuchadnezzar], art a king of kings: for the God of heaven…hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold...And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron...a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet..Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together…no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image…shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.” (Dan 2:37-44)
We can track the identity of the fourth kingdom, which we know to be the Roman Empire, as it endures to the end of time, when we recognize its core continued existence regardless of reduction and expansion of territories, incorporation of different cultures, even name changes.
Armed with this knowledge we can track Satan’s seed, his dynasty, through the rulers of the fourth kingdom. It is easy to spot the Caesars, and to recognize this title translated in various languages as Kaisers, Czars, Tsars. We can also spot the leaders who don’t openly take the title of their conquered predecessors by recognizing that the essential identifying feature of the leader of the Empire at any given time is being, well, simply, the leader. This is so obvious in the recent manifestation of the empire where the word leader in German is Fuhrer.
We consider the two legs of the image to represent the “Western and Eastern Roman Empires”. However, it is important to note that at no point did the Romans themselves consider “the Empire” split into “two empires”. Like two legs are considered one unit with two sections for most effective movement, the classic Roman Empire was always considered one single entity having two or more Imperial courts, with its own Emperor or head, to most effectively administer the widespread area and diverse population.
“And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads…and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.” (Rev 13:1-3)
285 – First division
We recognize the model of a federation having multiple heads of state in America’s system of local governors over the states of the union, and the in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Rome’s federation was instituted first as the Tetrarchy, or Four Rulers, in AD 285 by Diocletian, the notorious persecutor of Christians, in response to the Crisis of the 3rd century. This was a fifty year period during which the Empire nearly collapsed from invasion, civil war, plague, and economic depression. You know the Christians were expecting Christ’s return at any moment back then. And didn’t Constantine show up and save the day.
324 – Constantine the Great
During the Crisis of the 3rd Century, a child was born, a son was given: and the government was put upon his shoulder: and his name was called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Prince of Peace, The Everlasting, Undeviating, Constant-ine. (Notice these are all characteristics of Apollo.) Constantine’s father was Caesar, or deputy emperor in the west, but raised himself to the rank of Augustus, senior emperor. Constantine fought under his father in Britain, and after his father’s death was acclaimed emperor by the army. Like Augustus Caesar, he emerged victorious in a series of civil wars against rival Emperors to become sole ruler of the Empire by 324 AD, beginning a distinct epoch in the history of the Roman Empire. He replaced Diocletian’s tetrarchy with the principle of dynastic succession. Constantine strengthened the empire with many administrative, financial, social, and military reforms. He controlled inflation with a new gold coin with became the standard European currency for more than a thousand years. He built a new imperial residence at Byzantium which would become known as The New Rome.
He has historically been referred to as the “First Christian Emperor”, but as explained above, he simply put Christian names on pagan entitites. He was so powerful that throughout the High Middle Ages the Popes could successfully claim that he had transferred secular authority over Rome and the western part of the Roman Empire to them through the Donation of Constantine, a forged document. He is venerated as a saint, the Christianized version of god, by Eastern Orthodox and Byzantine Catholics.
476 – Re-unified
Although an 18th century historian’s retrospective and audacious termination of “The Western,” i.e. “European” Roman Empire is accepted wisdom, we can recognize that this death certificate is false. It is part of the media makeover to fool the uninformed into believing that the repackaged Evil Kingdom of Darkness is not only new and improved but an entirely new product. The barbarian Odoacer did not kill the Roman Empire in 476 when he deposed the sitting Western Emperor. He simply acknowledged that his victory over the Western Emperor Romulus Augustus did not extend to assuming his role as a co-regent with Zeno in Constantinople. He wisely restrained his ambitions to being crowned King of one state in the Empire, like Herod had been King of Judea. “..the Senate in Rome sent an embassy to the Eastern Emperor and bestowed upon him the Western imperial insignia. The message was clear: the West no longer required a separate Emperor, for “one monarch sufficed [to rule] the world”. In response, Zeno accepted… [and] conferred upon Odoacer the title of Patrician and granted him legal authority to govern Italy in the name of Rome.” Odoacer settled so many Germanic tribes into Roman territories, granting them Roman citizenship, that he and his successors were henceforth called the “King of the Germans.” Now there’s a clue.
(Odoacer’s coins struck in the name of Emperor Zeno, testifying to the formal submission of Odoacer to Zeno.)
600 – Islamic element added
Muhammad c. 570 CE – 8 June 632 CE), the founder of Islam, claimed to be God’s Messenger, the final prophet of God sent to restore the correct understanding of monotheism preached previously by Adam, Abraham, Moses and Jesus. In this he was no different from a stream of charismatic leaders splitting off his own brand of religion from Christianity and Judaism. He was just more successful.
It is easy enough to see Antichrist in Christian rulers like Constantine who reshaped our Judeo-Christian heritage. From a biblical world view, we need to also recognize Antichrist in the monotheistic Muslim rulers who recognize but overrule Jesus Christ. Islam’s jihad, or holy war, is not just about religion. It is about becoming the rulers of the Fourth Empire. After the Ottoman Turk Mehmet II “the Conqueror” took Constantinople in 1453 he claimed the title Kayser-i Rûm, i.e. Caesar of Rome. His successors maintained the claim, using the titles Caesar (Qayser) of Rûm, and emperor, in addition to the more familiar caliph of Islam. The Ottoman Empire was dissolved after WWI, with its territories and
800 – Reorganization
The Emperor ruling from Constantinople was still the highest power in an intact though disorganized Roman Empire throughout the Middle Ages when in 800 the current King of the Germans, Charlemagne, did aspire to equal status. Of course the Eastern Emperor did not authorize the elevation of this upstart, so Charlemagne had himself crowned Roman Emperor by the Pope on Christmas Day 800. (Remember, that’s the day for celebrating the birth of the sun god.) In so doing, he and his heirs were not denying the title to the ruler in Constantinople. Over the centuries they sought in many ways to make themselves accepted by the Easterners as their co-regents and peers.
Middle Ages – Conquering
In the 19th century scholars tried to disguise the core Roman identity of the Empire’s eastern portion by renaming it the “Byzantine” Empire on the basis of its adaptation of Greek culture and Eastern Orthodox Christianity. However, the Empire was always known by its citizens and enemies as the Empire of the Romans. Traces of this can be found in the name of the country of Romania which means”citizens of Rome.” Invasions and mass migrations during the Middle Ages caused massive shifts in the distribution of power, reflected in the rise and fall of empires and claimants for legal succession of pieces of the Roman Empire. Around 900 Simeon I of Bulgaria fought his way to official Byzantine recognition as Emperor/Tsar of the Bulgarians. This title was used by Bulgarian heads of state until the monarchy was abolished in 1946, and in part explains Bulgaria’s alliance with Germany during WWII.
“The Holy” Roman Empire” which is used by historians to distinguish a core section of the Empire from one of the other sections of the single Roman Empire, was not used by contemporaries until the 13th century. The Western Emperors did not consider themselves to have started a different empire. They viewed themselves as the legitimate successors to the ancient imperial tradition of shared power. They called the heir to the Empire the King of the Romans and considered Rome to be the capital of the western part of the Empire even when, as with Constantinople, they set up administrative headquarters in cities like Aachen and Nuremberg for practical purposes. This version of the empire was centered in what is modern-day Germany, and called in the German language Kaiserreich, or Caesar’s Realm. Now there’s a clue.
Scholars also retrospectively terminated the eastern part of the Empire as of 1453 when Constantinople fell to Ottoman Turks, but tell that to the Russians, who won the power struggle to seize the lion’s share of control of the eastern administration. In 1547 the Russian ruler assumed the title of Caesar/Tsar and transferred the seat of eastern government and the Orthodox Christian Church from Constantinople to Moscow as a Third Rome.
Modern Empire – 19th Century
The Germanic Holy Roman Empire was dissolved on paper in 1806 when its territories were taken over by Napoleon I, shown in the map in blue with green allies. While modestly calling himself Emperor of France, Napoleon identified himself as Emperor of Rome by having himself crowned with both a replica of Charlemagne’s Roman Emperor crown and a Roman laurel wreath, and conferring on his son the title King of Rome. Like “Prince of Wales” is the official designation of the heir to the throne of England, “King of Rome” is the official designation of the heir to the Roman Empire. After Napoleon was crushed in his bid to incorporate the eastern (Russian) section of the empire, the Germans reclaimed control of the western territories. They bolstered their historical dynastic right by retrospectively calling Charlemagne’s first German-centered empire “The First” Reich and the renewed German Empire “The Second” Reich. When this was dissolved in WWI by the abdication of Kaiser Wilhelm, it was replaced by Hitler’s “Third” Reich. Although Hitler did not call himself Kaiser, the identification of his empire with the two previous empires certainly identified him with the previous emperors/Kaisers. Like Augustus, he was waiting for popular acclaim after military victories. “…and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?” (Rev 13:4)
Lenin’s Russian Revolution of 1917 put an end to the Romanov dynasty (yes, that means son or family of the Roman) and title of Tzar in Russia, but not to the role of an Imperator driven to conquer the world.heir to the throne, Andreas Palaiologos. Much like the Russian aristocracy after the Russian Revolution, he found refuge in the West, and his title and claim to be a rightful Emperor of Rome was recognized by the Western powers. Desperate for money, like Esau he sold his inheritance, including his title and imperial rights, first to the French kings, where they gathered dust, then to their greatest rivals for power, Ferdinand and Isabella. This officially elevated the king of Spain into a legitimate Emperor of Rome. These are the rulers who had just expanded their empire into the New World. (Map above shows Spanish Empire in red and Portuguese in blue during union of their empires 1581-1640.)
Running back West, in 1588 the rustic English successfully defended themselves against the vastly superior Spanish Armada. While England never conquered Spain, she did eventually overpower her, becoming by far the largest empire in history and the foremost global power for over a century. By WWI the British Empire controlled 23% of the world population and covered 24% of the Earth’s total land area. These statistics match those of the fourth horseman of the apocalypse, where “power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth” (Rev 6:8) The British no longer control an empire, having turned over the reigns of power to America. Notice any similarities between the map of the British Empire at its height and the map of the US global extent power?
That is due to the Lend-Lease Act, a “milestone in the history of US foreign relations.” Prior to America’s direct involvement in WWII, President Roosevelt arranged to trade, not sell, desperately needed military and domestic supplies to Great Britain and other allies who, impoverished by two world wars, would never be able to purchase them with money. What America got in exchange was:
- Access to Britain’s global network of military bases.
- Underwriting of America’s transformation into a military-industrial complex, with, as President Eisenhower warned, its “potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power.”
- Defeat of the Nazi Third Reich with limited loss of American soldiers’ lives, thereby defeating the powerful isolationist politicians at home and winning the majority of Americans to his conviction that Americans can, and must, save the world for democracy.
- Entrance into the war, swooping in at the last minute to claim as spoils of war Germany’s top secret, highly advanced weapons technology.
- “The creation of a new international economic order in the postwar world.”
This strategy catapulted America to the top.
While obviously highly successful, senate opposition to the Lend-Lease Act correctly foresaw that the bill would “…give the president power to carry on a kind of undeclared war all over the world.” Our presidents just don’t declare war. They just wage it. There are only five times Congress declared war – War of 1812, Mexican-American War, Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII. Does that come as a surprise, given America’s lead role in the permanent state of world conflict since WWII? Naming just the significant officially undeclared but officially named wars, American has been involved in the Mexican Revolution of 1914, Russian Civil War of 1918, Vietnam War 1964-1973, Persian Gulf War 1991, War in Afghanistan 2001-ongoing, Iraq War 2003-2011, with emergence of ISIS as a direct result.
The brief review of the series of incarnations of the Roman Empire should serve to prove the point that even when the Empire changes its name to a local entity, and even when it masquerades as a republic, we should be able to see through the illusion. Caesar left republican Rome’s Senate intact, just powerless. Likewise Hitler left the Weimar Republic’s Reichstag intact, just gutted. American Presidents do not limited their powers to what the Constitution allows. Is it really that hard to recognize the current seat of world power? Are we in denial?
Let’s look at some biblical evidence.
“And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write…I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.” (Rev 2:12-14)
Following the transfer of power from the Assyrian through the Babylonian, Persian, Greek and Roman, the religious seat of Satan’s dynasty moved from Babylon to Asia Minor, culminating in the Altar of Zeus in Pergamon.
As the seat of power shifted further west, the famed Altar of Zeus was excavated, moved into Europe itself and rebuilt in Berlin. It provided the model for Hitler’s Zeppelin tribune, the megalithic grandstand for Nazi political rallies raising to power the man who took the reigns of power from the Kaiser.
I assume we don’t have a problem following a trail that leads from Zeus’ seat at Pergamon to Berlin and connects Satan to Hitler. Are we willing to keep following the trail even if it leads to an admired political leader…or a city in our own country? If we really believe that Daniel’s fourth world empire, the Roman, stays in power until the Rock returns and destroys it, we should be able to see it even when it is hiding in plain sight.
Going beyond politics and territories, we should be able to track the path of the ever shifting Roman Empire through the Roman legacy of culture – language, calendar, architecture, law and politics, colonies, religion. For instance, The Pantheon, which means “temple of every god”, has been in continuous use throughout its history. Built during the reign of Augustus Caesar, it was converted to a Christian church in the 7th century. To this day, English and American Christian church buildings around the world are modeled after classical temples. Does this mean anything when we match up the maps?
Is is really possible that the political seat of the fourth, the Roman, empire, which has moved over the last centuries, from Rome, to Constantinople, to Berlin, has settled in… Washington?
The Apotheosis of Washington – literally, the deification (or god-making) of Washington. The fresco depicts Washington as Zeus on a throne in heaven surrounded by various gods and goddesses from classical mythology. Painted on the ceiling of the dome of the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. during the Civil War by Vatican artist Constantino Brumidi.
The similarities between pagan idols and monuments to our national leaders cannot be coincidental. Do you really think Satan is just sitting out history on the sidelines? Shouldn’t we expect him to be where ever power is concentrated?
Both statues of Washington and Lincoln were deliberately modeled after Zeus, with Washington’s entitled “Enthroned Washington” and Lincoln’s placed in a monument expressly modeled after one of Zeus’ temples and defined as a temple on the plaque above Lincoln’s head. The timing and association of these images of Zeus is no accident of history.
The American Civil War resulted in “the complete transformation of the United States into a capitalist power…opening the doors to European immigration by the millions…pushed the United States into first place among industrial powers by 1900, outstripping Great Britain.” The bloodshed and number of lives sacrificed – and I use that term intentionally – to make this happen is staggering. “Approximately 625,000 men died in the Civil War, more Americans than in World War I, World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War combined…Two percent of the population died, the equivalent of 6 million men today.”
“The federal government grew enormously in power and prestige, particularly the office of the President. Abraham Lincoln’s assertion of the “war powers” of the President has been used (abused?) consistently by his successors” to spread American “democracy”. It appears that the President of the United States is the greatest change agent the world has yet known, bringing about the new world order.
“Before 1860 the United States had offered aspiring republicans around the globe a template for how a free, self-governing nation might live in peace and prosperity…in many European minds, a model country to aspire to when thinking about progressive ideas such as liberty, equality, and self-rule. And with the Civil War, the U.S. seemed to offer to the rest of the world a literal battle between those values and rights.”
“The phrase public diplomacy may not have become an official term in the popular press until World War I. But it was during the Civil War that deliberate, state-sponsored programs began attempting to influence the public mind abroad about American foreign policy…The Union won the Civil War, Doyle explains, by executing both soft and hard elements of diplomacy with finesse and brilliant strategic thinking.” This is the serpent’s trademark strategy.
I realize that accusing the US President of being antichrist is only acceptable when he leads the opposition party. Let’s put party preferences aside. There is only one true savior, but there are many antichrists. Both presidential candidates can be deceiving us. Prophecy provides the IDs for both Christ and Antichrist. We can match cycles of history and current events to prophecy to recognize antichrist’s identifying features in repeating patterns of behavior.
Any leader who promises to solve problems by changing circumstances and defeating an external enemy is a false savior. We’ve had the War on Poverty, the War on Drugs, The War on Terror, none of which puts responsibility on the individual. The true savior and his representatives preach that the problem is sinful human nature and the real solution is transformation to a holy nature empowering changed behavior. If you believe the Bible teaches this, then you must acknowledge that the powerful US Presidents who guided America through the tumultuous changes of the first half of the 20th century were antichrists. Promising peace and prosperity through political deals, they led America and the world from one catastrophe to the next.
- “And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and…I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
- And when he had opened the second seal…there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, [WWI] and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
- And when he had opened the third seal…and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. [The Great Depression] And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
- And when he had opened the fourth seal…and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. [WWII]
- And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth [area under American influence] to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.” (Rev 6:1-8). [Over 12 million dead in America’s wars since WWII.]
Although “liberty, equality and fraternity” was the slogan of the French Revolution, many of those who participated were motivated by the high cost of food more than by any political ideals.
Revolutions of 1848, known in some countries as the Spring of Nations…were a series of political upheavals throughout Europe in 1848. It remains the most widespread revolutionary wave in European history…Over 50 countries were affected…
Urban workers had no choice but to spend half of their income on food, which consisted mostly of bread and potatoes. As a result of harvest failures, food prices soared…
In the years 1845 and 1846, a potato blight caused a subsistence crisis in Northern Europe…Harvests of rye in the Rhineland were 20% of previous levels…the cost of wheat more than doubled in France and Habsburg Italy…There were 400 French food riots during 1846 to 1847….
American investigative journalist Alfred Henry Lewis (1855-1914) famously said, “There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy.” …What he means is that hunger dispels the illusions of a polite society and unleashes the desperate animal-like nature that lurks inside all human beings. A starving man trying to feed his starving children will at some point abandon all law and order, doing anything necessary to keep himself and his children alive, including engaging in robbery, assault and murder…
No local police force can hope to control the actions of the starving masses, regardless of how obedient the population once was when food was abundant…
Let’s update this picture and the news.
According to the World Bank, rising food prices have caused 51 food riots in 37 countries since 2007. These include Tunisia, [triggering the Arab Spring] South Africa, Cameroon and India, among other nations…
A World Bank blog entry by Senior Economist Jose Cuesta entitled “No Food, No Peace” (2) warns that “It is quite likely that we will experience more food riots in the foreseeable future… food price shocks have repeatedly led to spontaneous — typically urban — sociopolitical instability…”
What the World Bank is leading to (but not quite saying) is that hunger leads to revolution. When the People are starving in the streets, there is political unrest that can easily turn violent. Because this is a fundamental human reaction, it is just as true in the United States, UK and other first-world nations as it is in Cameroon or India.
…between June 2010 and June 2011, world grain prices almost doubled. In many places on this planet, that proved an unmitigated catastrophe. In those same months, several governments fell, rioting broke out in cities from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, to Nairobi, Kenya, and most disturbingly three new wars began in Libya, Yemen, and Syria…
And in each of these situations, the initial trouble was traceable, at least in part, to the price of that loaf of bread…
And how are we responding to this gathering crisis? Has there been a broad new international initiative focused on ensuring food security for the global poor — that is to say, a stable, affordable price for our loaf of bread? You already know the sad answer to that question.
Instead, massive corporations like Glencore, the world’s largest commodity trading company, and the privately held and secretive Cargill, the world’s biggest trader of agricultural commodities, are moving to further consolidate their control of world grain markets and vertically integrate their global supply chains in a new form of food imperialism designed to profit off global misery. While bread triggered war and revolution in the Middle East, Glencore made windfall profits on the surge in grain prices. And the more expensive our loaf of bread becomes the more money firms like Glencore and Cargill stand to make. Consider that just about the worst possible form of “adaptation” to the climate crisis.
Many are now warning about the coming inevitable collapse in the food supply due to the following factors
- ELECTRONIC BENEFIT TRANSFER cards are depended on by over 47 million Americans for food purchases. The EBT cards are not dependable, given that the federal government, has undergone government shut-downs and worse yet, is deeply in debt. “As of Sept. 30, 2019, it exceeded $22.6 trillion…About two-thirds is debt held by the public…America’s debt is the largest sovereign debt in the world for a single country. It runs neck and neck with that of the European Union, which is a unified trade body of 28 member countries.” When the day comes that the feds stop funding the EBT cards, what do you think will happen? And that’s the richest country in the world. What about the poor countries?
- HYDROLOGIC CYCLE SCIENTISTS are warning that much of the food production taking place in the world today — across the USA, India, China, etc. — depends entirely on fossil water extraction from underground aquifers. Those aquifers are being rapidly depleted, some dropping more than a foot each year. Once this fossil water is used up, it’s gone for hundreds or thousands of years. Entire breadbasket regions of the world (such as the U.S. Midwest) will be turned into agricultural deserts. Already, much of Texas and Oklahoma is returning to Dust Bowl conditions.
- ENVIRONMENTALISTS warn that climate change will cause radical weather patterns (droughts, floods, freezes) that devastate the food supply. It is undeniable that radical weather has already caused unprecedented destruction of U.S. food production.
- “In 2010 and 2011 severe drought affected four regions: the southern United States, western Russia, Western Australia, and East Africa…
- Direct losses from the drought approached $10 billion in the state of Texas alone in 2011…a very active fire season across the southern US…more than $1 billion…
in Russia’s Central, Volga, and Ural Districts…wheat production for 2010 was…14% below the 2000–2011 average, and barley production…was 51% below the 2000–2011 average…led to the abandonment of approximately 13.3 million hectares of cropland, including half the grain area in the Volga District.
East Africa experienced…sharp declines in agricultural production, in particular sorghum, a staple food in this semi-arid region. For Somalia, the total sorghum production for 2011 was…more than 80% below normal…caused widespread famine and high mortality…the United Nations estimated more than 13 million people required humanitarian assistance.
Australia experienced…Regional wheat production…30% below normal…the worst overall agricultural production in 40 years.
Three regions experienced excessive rain, floods, and below-normal temperatures during the September 2010 to May 2011 La Niña event: the northern US and southern Canada; southeastern Australia; and southern Africa.
In North America, heavy spring rains saturated fields…triggered widespread flooding in the Mississippi and Missouri basins, putting thousands of acres of farmland under water and causing more than $5 billion in damage. Agricultural losses in southern Canada amounted to $1 billion…most agricultural states suffered reduced harvests from delayed planting of crops in spring 2011…
The main corn producing region of South Africa, known as “The Maize Triangle” received heavy rainfall…combined with cooler temperatures…created favorable growing conditions…[However, also] creating ideal ecological conditions for hatching Aedes mosquito eggs …This resulted in the most extensive and widespread outbreak of Rift Valley fever in the region since the 1970s negatively impacting the livestock industry and human health in southern Africa.
Southeastern Australia likewise experienced…High rainfall and cooler temperatures resulted in increased agricultural yields…However, the wet conditions also had…ideal conditions for an increase in populations of mosquito vectors of Murray Valley encephalitis virus.
- “In 2010 and 2011 severe drought affected four regions: the southern United States, western Russia, Western Australia, and East Africa…
- GENETICALLY MODIFIED CROPS are genetically vulnerable to disease because they are mono-culture crops with little genetic diversity. Nearly all corn grown in the USA, for example, is genetically modified corn with a near-identical genetic makeup. The situation is obviously ripe for precisely the kind of disease wipeout we’re already witnessing with global banana crops.
- ECONOMISTS are warning that the global money supply is on the verge of collapse. Once it collapses, banking would go down with it, destroying the infrastructure that people use to buy food. If grocery stores can’t conduct financial transactions, they can’t buy inventory to retail to the public, for starters. To stay informed on this subject, read up at www.TheEconomicCollapseBlog.com or www.SHTFplan.com or www.SteveQuayle.com
- PERMACULTURE advocates are warning that the global seed supply has been deliberately collapsed by biotech companies which routinely buy up small seed companies and shut them down. The intention is to create seed monopolies and eliminate competing alternatives to patented, corporate-controlled seeds.”
There is a sequence of events common to every catastrophic breakdown of civilization, portrayed as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and described in Zechariah 6 and Revelation 6 as preceding the crowning of God’s anointed one / Messiah / Seed of the Woman on his rightful throne. Of course this event is viciously resisted by the Seed of the Serpent with every means at his disposal.
- White horse – A strong man promises to bring peace to a chaotic world through strength – Alexander the Great, Augustus Caesar, Hitler, even our own American presidents. Live long enough and you’ll experience for yourself that this never works, it just leads to
- Red horse – War and more war resulting in
- Black horse – Dreadful living conditions, poor nutrition and pandemics for
- civilians in homelands diverting resources for war,
- refugees in camps fleeing battlefields and genocide,
- civilians in lands devastated by war, earthquakes and other natural disasters experiencing a break down of law and order. Those resisting government control are targeted as enemies of the people to justify loss of civil liberties in a fear-based society. Historically this includes – but is not limited to – Bible believers and Jews in the Roman empire including Nazi Germany, the Communists post WWII America and Moslems in post 9/11 America.
- Pale horse – massive death rates from all causes.
This cascade of falling dominoes is not just a prophecy by fanatical religious fundamentalists. It is a prediction by top scientists. We can reverse-engineer the program to discover what was going on in Noah’s days by learning about current doomsday scenarios.
- “Climate change is the biggest threat facing the planet, many scientists say. The cascade of changes could lead to political instability, severe drought, famine, ecosystem collapse and other changes.” For example, the French Revolution of 1789 was driven in large part by widespread food shortages caused by harvest failures from sudden climate changes. Like the other young officer Hitler, Napoleon Bonaparte rose to power during his first war to become dictator of a massive empire in Europe and beyond.
- New deadly pathogens emerge every year, and because our world is so interconnected, a deadly disease could spread like wildfire.
- Bacteria are developing immunity to antibiotics.
- We know even less about treating fungal infections, so a fatal fungus in humans would be catastrophic.
- Viruses are almost impossible to kill, making world-wide monitoring of emerging strains for rapid limiting of infection virtually the only strategy available to prevent an epidemic.
- Prions are invariably fatal and not treatable at this time.
- Designer pathogens for biological warfare.
- Nuclear war – The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists gave its annual presentation of the Doomsday Clock in January 2019. A group of scientists and scholars, including 15 Nobel laureates, set the clock at two minutes before the symbolic apocalyptic midnight…the closest the clock has ever been to symbolizing doom. And that was before Presidents Trump and Putin pulled out of a major nuclear arms limitation treaty.
- Overpopulation resulting in wars to obtain limited resources necessary for survival. Bear in mind, the amount of resources desired, not needed, by the powerful is the determining factor in the mathematical calculation of “over” population. This was made clear by Hitler in his lebensraum platform.
- Snowball effect – one disaster leads to another. And this is how it rolls in the book A Path Where No Man Thought: Nuclear Winter and the End of the Arms Race by eminently popular atheist scientist Carl Sagan and Richard Turco published in 1990 as well as Revelation by St. John the Divine published about 100. Nuclear winter has become a hot political debate, not surprisingly, given government dependence on war as a political strategy, but is defended as a real and present danger by the next generation of scientists.
- Robot ascension – the United Nations recently called for a ban on killer robots. Many computer scientists think that we are nearing the singularity, the point at which inhuman intelligence merges with human intelligence and fills the universe. The Future of Humanity Institute at Oxford University is devoted to bringing this about in the conviction that this assures the future of humanity. Whether or not technologically housed intelligence merges with or kills off humanity, transhumanism by definition spells the end of humanity as we know it.
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors…But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.” (Matthew 24:32-36)
With that firmly in mind, please also keep in mind that I am not pointing the finger at any person or event as being fulfilment of prophecy, simply as being one of a host of recurrences of prophecy bringing the end looming into view. My purpose is to update our static Sunday School pictures to heart-pounding current events.
The following extremely brief review of biblical prophecy of the end times will be expanded on in a later post. For now I just want to expand our awareness that the end of the antediluvian era is not a mystery. What has been before will be again, therefore vice versa – known history brings past history to life.
“In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long…Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words…to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days… (Daniel 10-12)
“…the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us…what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them…(Matthew 24)
I’ve condensed and rearranged the documented order of events to show how the Promised Savior’s answer is a condensed version of Daniel’s prophecy. Like the Jews in the Babylonian exile who were expecting the Messiah to deliver them from Babylonian rule since their 70 years punishment was finished, so the disciples were expecting Jesus to deliver them from Roman rule since he had arrived. Both groups were informed otherwise.
- “Many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ / the Prophesied Deliverer from Evil Oppression; and shall deceive many.
And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will...Think the President of the United States. Look at the facial expressions in the photo above. A beaming US President is flanked by two very unhappy Middle Eastern Presidents whose will he overcame in the peace talks. And the President of the United States is hailed as the Prince of Peace through strength.
And the king of the south shall be strong, and one of his [the US President’s] princes; and he shall be strong above him, and have dominion; his dominion shall be a great dominion. Think Saddam Hussein dominating world-wide oil supplies.
the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; Think the PLO in the United Nations.
He [President of US] that cometh against him [Saddam Hussein] shall do according to his own will, and none shall stand before him: including Russia, European leaders, UN.
there shall stand up a vile / despised, contemptible person. And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people. He shall enter peaceably Think the President of Russia, a “small” people after the breakup of the USSR.
And both of these kings’ hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table…and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. And arms shall stand on his part…And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries
And the king shall do according to his will; [by the repetition of this phrase and the examples in history we can deduce that this is the first king, i.e. the President of the United States, not Russia] and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods…nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces / strongholds: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour…in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them [in context must be the lesser gods under the God of forces] to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain...And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain
- nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
- three [in succession not simultaneously] kings / rulers in Persia / Iran; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia / Westerners whose culture stems from Greece.
- the king’s daughter of the south / Egypt, see #3] shall come to the king of the north / Great Britain to make an agreement: but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm:
- But out of a branch of her roots shall one stand up in his estate, which shall come with an army, and shall enter into the fortress of the king of the north, and shall deal against them, and shall prevail: And shall also carry captives into Egypt their gods, with their princes, and with their precious vessels of silver and of gold; and he shall continue more years than the king of the north.
- But his sons shall be stirred up, and shall assemble a multitude of great forces:
- And the king of the south shall be moved with choler, and shall come forth and fight with him, even with the king of the north: and he shall set forth a great multitude; but the multitude shall be given into his hand.
- For the king of the north shall return, and shall set forth a multitude greater than the former, and shall certainly come after certain years with a great army and with much riches.
- he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him.
- And at the time of the end [begins with WW3 or whatever number starting in the Middle East] shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries [in context, those in the Middle East like Syria] shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon / Jordan. He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape. But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.
- But tidings out of the east / Korean & China and out of the north / Russia shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. Regional war explodes into world-wide war as the Secondary Powers seize advantage of the Super Powers’ distraction.
- and there shall be famines, and pestilences, [in refugee camps of displaced persons from war]
- and one shall certainly come, and overflow, and pass through: then shall he return, and be stirred up, even to his fortress.
- and he shall cast down many ten thousands:
- the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount / besiege, and take the most fenced / fortified cities:
he shall stand in the glorious land, which by his hand shall be consumed. [Don’t jump to conclusion that this must be one of the current Arab leaders threatening to push Israel into the sea. Historically a Western ruler, from the Roman Caesars to the British Prime Ministers to Presidents of the US have fought against Jewish presence in this land.]
- and earthquakes, in divers places.
- Then shall they deliver you / believers in the true Christ up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s / Jesus Christ’s’ sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another…For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
- at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people – We can deduce from the previous account in Daniel that Michael has risen to the challenge of battling the great spirit prince who has risen to power through his human collaborator.
- and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: because the previously barred hate-filled gods/aliens have been allowed in by their human collaborators.
- the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
- And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened…